Next academy stars?

There was some news recently that City had arranged agreement for Christian McFarlane to sign from New York City, a 17 year old left back. Not seen any confirmation that it has gone through yet but if it does he could be one to watch out for. Supposed to be highly rated.
Can’t officially join until he’s 18 so, if the deal is agreed, will go through in January.

I see the season starts for both EDS and U18 this weekend away at Liverpool and Leeds respectively, so hopefully City TV covers one of the games

I heard talk, recently, that a younger crop (U13, I think) were considered the best group that we have ever had. I have not seen any of their games though. Perhaps someone with some involvement with the younger teams can comment, though not about individuals.
It was me that posted regarding the u13s. A talented group which is said to amongst the best youth sides we've ever produced.

Apart from Phil we don't really have stars yet so let's try not to put too much pressure on the kids.

Bobb, Rico and the rest aren't even there yet and are still developing with each passing day. Desperately looking for the new "star" is a fast track to producing an army of "Machedas".
Agree. I'm looking out for the 1st decent LB to come out of our academy if my lifetime.

I had hopes for Josh WE. Looks like he will give on loan again and that the championship might be his level.

It's all good having a conveyor belt of No10s or tricky wingers who are 5ft tall. But only so many of those are needed. Tosin might play against us in the opening game. THB at Southampton. We can produce defenders. Just not ones with a left foot.

Agree. I'm looking out for the 1st decent LB to come out of our academy if my lifetime.

I had hopes for Josh WE. Looks like he will give on loan again and that the championship might be his level.

It's all good having a conveyor belt of No10s or tricky wingers who are 5ft tall. But only so many of those are needed. Tosin might play against us in the opening game. THB at Southampton. We can produce defenders. Just not ones with a left foot.
Callum Doyle says hi!

Mfuni, Leke Drake, Dunbar-McDonald and Finley Gorman (all 16 or under) are four to look our for

Might sound a bit negative but with possibly another attacker and a midfielder coming in, I don’t think Ndala, Susoho and Wright will make it. A year ago I would suggest Dada-Mascoll, who’s got the physicality of O’Reilly, but is a natural DM. Struggles a lot with injuries nowadays, so it’s impossible to say how far he can go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.