Next academy stars?

Mfuni...last season should be a wake-up call to invest/change something in the u18/u21 department
Wake up call? We sold or loaned a whole list of players and promoted up the age ranges. No issue with last season at all. City have always promoted ahead of the age range so there will always be a cycle. This year those players retained will have another year on them

The EDS squad is looking pretty stacked this season

Wint
Brits
Carrington
Samuel
Alleyne
Noble
Parker
Smith
Simpson-Pusey
Naylor
Taylor
Okeke
Dada-Mascoll
Gray
Wright
Wilcroft-King (not sure if he’d signed yet)
Ndala
Lawrence
Oboavwoduo
Alcala
Alfa-Ruprecht
Heskey
Muir
Dickson
Warhurst

That’s almost 30 players and doesn’t include any U18s who might play up a level (Mukasa, Mfuni etc)

I imagine the likes of Sodje, Katongo and Murray-Jones will depart in one way or another? Maybe some off the list as well, e.g. Dickson or Wright.

Mfuni...last season should be a wake-up call to invest/change something in the u18/u21 department
Last seasons u21s were effectively under 18s, and are a good group as the FA youth cup win proved. I don’t think they will push for u21 title this year either, but I think they would rather promote lads to first team such as Oreilly, or loan lads out for development like susoho than go for PL2 titles.

I think if there is a potential problem it’s too much investment in players at U15/16+ for big money rather than schooling the best kids from very young like most of the youth cup winning side were. Risk diluting the DNA with older age group investment

Last seasons u21s were effectively under 18s, and are a good group as the FA youth cup win proved. I don’t think they will push for u21 title this year either, but I think they would rather promote lads to first team such as Oreilly, or loan lads out for development like susoho than go for PL2 titles.

I think if there is a potential problem it’s too much investment in players at U15/16+ for big money rather than schooling the best kids from very young like most of the youth cup winning side were. Risk diluting the DNA with older age group investment

Do you know if Dada-Mascoll is back in training yet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.