Next Captain

Well it's got to be an automatic starter and we haven't many of them.

Barry, Kompany or Lescott for me.

Appointing Toure as captain was a stupid decision and I posted about it at the time.

Kompany for me,hes young but mature both mentally and on the pitch.He also looks like he cares and his interviews come across that way and you could see what it meant to him when he scored against portsmouth.
However we dont have many great candidates.I do think Toure was the right choice at the start of the season and im not opposed to him being captain,but with the combination of being absent for african nations and a few questionable performances his position has been undermined in the fans eyes i think.Although honestly i cant see Toure having the armband taken from him this season.Hes been steady since returning from the african cup and although i think i myself would prefer a partnership of Lescott and Kompany would be my own preference.

The outstanding leader in the squad is Vieira but that aint going to happen as its anyones guess how much matchtime he will manage.

Neville the rat boy said:
Kompany for me,hes young but mature both mentally and on the pitch.He also looks like he cares and his interviews come across that way and you could see what it meant to him when he scored against portsmouth.
However we dont have many great candidates.I do think Toure was the right choice at the start of the season and im not opposed to him being captain,but with the combination of being absent for african nations and a few questionable performances his position has been undermined in the fans eyes i think.Althoug honestly i cant see Toure having the armband taken from him this season.Hes been steady since returning from the african cup and although i think i myself would prefer a partnership of Lescott and Kompany would be my own preference.

The outstanding leader in the squad is Vieira but that aint going to happen as its anyones guess how much matchtime he will manage.
100% AGGREE

Kompany you can see that he gives a fuck. Yes he is young so what. He shouts at people and he has a cool swagger when he walks.

Didsbury Dave said:
Appointing Toure as captain was a stupid decision and I posted about it at the time.

I agree Dave, utter madness.

Vince has been at the club for over 18 months now, as opposed to 6 for Barry and Lescott, and I think he would make the perfect skipper.

Barry and Lescott need to concentrate on playing to the best of their ability for now imo.

On the Toure subject I always believed that it was one of Hughes' worst moments and contributed to his downfall as boss of our club - Hughes was depserate to replace Dunnie hence the protracted attempt to sign JT and he had recognised that we were desperate for a leader and a mouthpiece for him in the dressing room. He backed the wrong horse in Kolo and the rest is history.

We are desperate for a leader.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.