Next Captain

TomInce93 said:
Lescott or Barry

Barry has the captains experience and Lescott is a big centre halve who looks vocal and seems to care alot

Agree Lescott 100%
or barry... He was Villa captain, so knows whats required. The added responsibility may be the making of him?

We only have two leaders at the club, Bellers and Given, so one of them two.

Vieira is a leader to but that would mean him playing and we don't want that.

Barry because Toure shows his nerves a bit like Shay but Onuoha is a better defender than Toure - but reputations go a long way - Onuoha in and Toure out and Viera send him straight back get Irland or even that Ibrahim looked better than Viera

Vincent Kompany is the only natural leader apart from Viera, but he's only been here 2 minutes and, for me and a lot of others, not good enough to guarantee a start.

De Jong is a fighter, as are Bellamy and Tevez but they're not captain material either. Bit like Shrek...

When Vinnie's fit I'd try Toure at RB, although Micah's been doing well recently but still doesn't seem fully over his knee problems.. but certainly better than Zab's been doing.

Be a decent back four then...

The other candidate should be Gareth Barry, but we've not seen enough leadership from him yet to give it to him... Which is a surprise and a disappointment because I thought he'd be a shoe-in by now. But he does play every game and has done better in the last couple, so maybe he doesn't need or like to rest. His consistency, when he finds it, will make him a candidate but not now.

The thing is until Toure's dropped, which he amazingly isn't yet, it's a moot point anyway!

But Vinnie for me!

I think we only have one captain in the side, Vieira. He's captained one of the best sides in Premier League history and was a driving force. But for obvious reason he isn't going to be the club captain.

There is no-one else who can drive the team on or lift them when it's flat or whatever. So for this reason in the summer we must find a Gerrard, Xavi, Fabregas etc. Easier said than done but this box to box leader type player is really what we are missing!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.