Next Captain

scorer said:
Everything Mancini does seems to be thought through and forward looking.

I get more and more impressed by this guy as each day passes.

You Tubthumper

:=))

he doesnt speak english, surely thats the main criteria for a captain? this is a strange choice IMO.

bluethai said:
Nice hat captain...
Carlos%20Romania3.ashx

You can tell how much he hates being at City, he's turned the badge upside down.

Apparently the truth behind this decision was:

Bridge approached Roberto and pleaded with him, to allow Carlos to the permanent City Captain, said he was sick of finding Captains armbands under his bed and felt Carlos being the hansome bastard he is, this decision might give him some peace of mind.

Murphio said:
I think the reason that he's not given it to a defender or midfielder is to avoid complacency. Something that I thought happened with Kolo last season. I got the feeling he felt he couldn't be dropped because he was captain which lead to some average performances.

Tevez is going to give you 100% regardless of captain or not.
There could be something in that. You know that captain or not captain, Carlos will always be the same. Maybe it's not just coincidence that Kolo put in his best performance in a City shirt v Spurs, immediately after losing the armband.

mackenzie said:
Certainly seems like a gesture of goodwill from Mancini.

I was a bit surprised that Kompany didn't get it but then someone posted that he doesn't have the full respect of the squad. Not sure what that signifies but then again not every player is a born leader.

Tevez, however, does seem to lead by example.
Maybe natural leaders like Konoany will still lead during games but it may bring out the best in Tevez?? Just Ian idea mind.

scorer said:
Everything Mancini does seems to be thought through and forward looking.

I get more and more impressed by this guy as each day passes.

all he has done is suck upto carlos as he is pissed off with bob.

more indication of over caution.

SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
Certainly seems like a gesture of goodwill from Mancini.

I was a bit surprised that Kompany didn't get it but then someone posted that he doesn't have the full respect of the squad. Not sure what that signifies but then again not every player is a born leader.

Tevez, however, does seem to lead by example.
Maybe natural leaders like Konoany will still lead during games but it may bring out the best in Tevez?? Just Ian idea mind.

Maybe.

In fact I quite like that idea. Mancini multitasking eh?? ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.