Next Captain

leighton said:
The defence Kolo should be that man last season it was Given but since Joe got in there is no real leader in the defence.
I see you are trying to say something bad about Joe in every topic, keep up the good work

leighton said:
Captains I cant be arsed with to be honest. Every single player should be trying to lead by example never mind a captain we should have all areas covered a leader in the defence a leader in midfield a leader up front. Look at Chelsea they have Terry , Lampard and even Drogba when on form leading there areas brilliantly last season this is what we need at the club. We have it with Tevez and De Jong if he was more giving a bollocking to players around him he would be the leader in the midfield. The defence Kolo should be that man last season it was Given but since Joe got in there is no real leader in the defence.

A captain doesn't just lead in the way they play, they are instrumental in communicating with the referee also. When teams have time wasted against us, all Tevez does is points and shouts "hey" and sometimes he does nowt at all. The captain should be going up to the referee and making complaints that he's not doing anything about the gamesmanship of the other team. Put pressure on him, make him think about what's going on, make him do something about it...because when the captain just points and shouts "hey", the ref does nothing about it and doesn't even add the time on. There were six substitutions (3minutes should be added), two red cards that probably took a minuite to sort out and get them off, and constant time wasting by Howard Neville and Cahill when we played Everton at home - 3 minutes were added on at the end of the game. What did our captain do all game? Fuck all!

danburge82 said:
leighton said:
Captains I cant be arsed with to be honest. Every single player should be trying to lead by example never mind a captain we should have all areas covered a leader in the defence a leader in midfield a leader up front. Look at Chelsea they have Terry , Lampard and even Drogba when on form leading there areas brilliantly last season this is what we need at the club. We have it with Tevez and De Jong if he was more giving a bollocking to players around him he would be the leader in the midfield. The defence Kolo should be that man last season it was Given but since Joe got in there is no real leader in the defence.

A captain doesn't just lead in the way they play, they are instrumental in communicating with the referee also. When teams have time wasted against us, all Tevez does is points and shouts "hey" and sometimes he does nowt at all. The captain should be going up to the referee and making complaints that he's not doing anything about the gamesmanship of the other team. Put pressure on him, make him think about what's going on, make him do something about it...because when the captain just points and shouts "hey", the ref does nothing about it and doesn't even add the time on. There were six substitutions (3minutes should be added), two red cards that probably took a minuite to sort out and get them off, and constant time wasting by Howard Neville and Cahill when we played Everton at home - 3 minutes were added on at the end of the game. What did our captain do all game? Fuck all!

Any player can communicate with the ref even passing by about time wasting the nearest person on the pitch should be in the ear of the ref. If it is coming from all over the park by the players then it will be noted. Even Mancini on the touchline could do his bit by getting into the ear of the 4th offical and even when the ball is out and the refs looking his way tapping to his watch about it.

I am really torn between Kompany and De Jong for the reasons others have mentioned.

Kompany = Eloquent, calm, collected

De Jong = Passion, Respect, Warrior

both good leaders, different characters.

I used to say Kompany, but he would be my vice, as De Jong has been mentioned by some new arrivals, for helping them settle at the club.

He knows English, is a clever man on and off the field and has played at the top level already (world cup final).

You see him talk to the ref a lot during the game ( respectfully, not screaming abuse) and leads by example.

He is also a certain first choice starter. Not that Kompany isn't any of these thing, as most of these can be said about him, but I think De Jong just edges it.

I would also give Zaba a shout, but he doesnt start enough, which is a shame as he, like the other 2 I have mentioned, a great example to his fellow pro's and young players within the game and watching it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.