Next Captain

Vincent Kompany (Captain)
Nigel de Jong (Vice Captain)

And if none of them are playing in a game, Pablo Zabaleta.

Them 3 always give us 100% in every game and they love the club.

If the english is required, there is no better candidate than Joe Hart, he will be between the sticks for (hopefully) every game of his career at City.

But I think the best candidate for Captain next season should be Barry, though not our most skillful player. He has captained his country (according to sky during last summer the highest a player can reach) and has been in the club long enough to understand what it means to fans to put in excellent committed performances.

I'm with most of you's on here, think and always thought captaincy should be defender, I go with NDJ or VK

Lets be real here even the most blue tinted of us knows Tevez will be going in the summer and i for one will miss his work rate, but not his greedy ways and the trouble that follows him around. I think Komps should get the Band as i think the team will gel better and move closer together without Tevez.

Does any other country put the same amount of thinking into who is the captain that we do. I don't think it matters, a leader is a leader, whether you give him an armband or not. Just look at NDJ and Kompany. They never stop talking to their team mates, and that's without an armband.

kalouk said:
I am really torn between Kompany and De Jong for the reasons others have mentioned.

Kompany = Eloquent, calm, collected

De Jong = Passion, Respect, Warrior

both good leaders, different characters.

Spot on.
There's your short list Roberto (if you are planning a change)
We brought it down from 25 to 3 (I would still include Carlos)
Couldn't have made it easier for you :)

Completed 43 of 44 passes in the first half... great stuff.

I can see Barry being at the club until he retires, anyone think he should be getting a bash at the armband with us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.