Next Captain

As an "old-timer"I never thought I would see anyone better than Dave Watson but this man is all that and more.Young blues are very lucky to have Vinny and his example to aspire to and we are all blessed to have such a man associated with our club.

I'm with the majority; Vinnie for captain and Nige for vice.

I don't think we'll ever see Tevez in a City shirt again so Kompany will be leading us out at Wembley again and I can't think of anyone I'd rather see lift that trophy.

If Tevez is fit for the final, he's captain!! I agree that Kompany is the obvious and deserved choice to be our captain, but stripping Tevez now could do more harm than good, like many have said, Tevez could well leave in the summer, leaving Kompany to take it on permanantly, but in the summer is when a new captain should be chosen, regardless of weather Tevez is still with us or not, and Kompany gets my vote, but until then Tevez will be captain (if fit). Afterall Wembley could be Tevez last hoorah with us, and love him or loathe him, he'll want to go out with a bang. Its not as if Kompanys form will change with him not being captain, he's been superb all season long.

For me he showed a lot if leadership skills Yesterday like when he came out to inspect the pitch beforehand before anyone else and the way he gave a team talk just before the second half as they were coming back out from the tunnel to rile the troops (it was on the big screen) showed class and commitment all that's required of a true Capt.
For me a big YES

If you watch the Lescott post match reaction video on the OS (like Lescott, seems a right joker and has had a great season) he says Kompany suggested that they do the Poznan if we won.

The attitude of players like Kompany, De Jong and Zaba really does stand out as shinning examples of how a modern player should act. They are a credit to professional footballers and I hope they are with us for a very long time.

Tevez can eff right off. It was a bad decision making him captain in the first place. Hasnt bothered to learn English, FFS! Hes played like shit since the transfer request. And, considering he didnt even show up to support us yesterday, in our biggest game for decades, now is the time to send the message loud and clear that NO player is bigger than the club. Get bent, Carlos.

i would love zabba to be captain, but hes never going to be a dead cert for a place in this team. that bein said i think ndj is the biggest leader that team has, he inspires the rest of the team with his tough tackling and his talking, i think he'd be the best captain. Pretty sure it will be vince next season though

Looking at the "handbags" going on at the end of the game again, I like the way V.K. grabbed Baloteli and brought him back on the pitch to join in the celebrations.
This to me shows a leaders role, and shows the rest of the world that we have got real team spirit.
Yep V.K. you have just made yourself Man City captain in my eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.