Next Captain

One journo said he is on the sell list and the op thought it was worth a thread,a bit silly really

There have been rumours since earlier this year to the point of Kompany's agent feeling the need to publicly deny them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ent-kompany-agent-pep-guardiola-a6983836.html

Even so, it's been reported, truthfully or not, at various points by different outlets that Pep would be willing to let him go.

I think that would be a mistake and that it's not likely to happen but I don't understand the kerfuffle about discussing that scenario other than people not liking the idea.

The fact is, as you mentioned on another thread, his body has been repeatedly failing him and the day he passes on the captaincy is at least on the horizon.

As I said earlier, this thread could get deleted if everyone finds it silly. I won't be offended.

There have been rumours since earlier this year to the point of Kompany's agent feeling the need to publicly deny them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ent-kompany-agent-pep-guardiola-a6983836.html

Even so, it's been reported, truthfully or not, at various points by different outlets that Pep would be willing to let him go.

I think that would be a mistake and that it's not likely to happen but I don't understand the kerfuffle about discussing that scenario other than people not liking the idea.

The fact is, as you mentioned on another thread, his body has been repeatedly failing him and the day he passes on the captaincy is at least on the horizon.

As I said earlier, this thread could get deleted if everyone finds it silly. I won't be offended.
The media seem to think they know who he wants rid off when only him and his close knit circle of trusted people and the spainish duo will know,it is highly unlikely he would ditch someone of vinnie's stature in the club without giving him some time to get fit and prove himself

The media seem to think they know who he wants rid off when only him and his close knit circle of trusted people and the spainish duo will know,it is highly unlikely he would ditch someone of vinnie's stature in the club without giving him some time to get fit and prove himself

Which is why I'd be surprised if he does leave. I haven't said at any point that I either think or hope that he will.

The initial point made was that it would be nice to see a more permanent captain on the field. I'd want Kompany to lead us out even if he only managed one game a season but there's no real backup in that role and we just end up passing it around between Yaya, Kolarov, Hart , Zabaleta and so on.

As you said, nobody other than a handful of people know what's going to happen. Therefore it could very well happen. Therefore I thought it might be worth talking about. Obviously I was wrong. Fair enough.

It'd help to at least pick a player who's likely to be on the pitch more than 15 matches this season. Remains to be seen whether that's Vinny or not.

Kompany is going nowhere. However, when he's not on the pitch i'd like to see Fernandinho as captain. Leads by example with his energy.

Kompany isn't going anywhere. He epitomises this club more than anyone.

He'd be more likely to take up a coaching role or ambassador role at the club before anything else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.