Next Captain

It's quite simple for me, as long as Kompany is at City then he is club captain. When he isn't playing the vice captain takes the arm band. Clearly as Kompany misses so many matches then the choice of vice captain is fairly important and needs to be somebody who plays most matches but why on earth would Pep come in and actively look to take away the captaincy from Kompany?

It's quite simple for me, as long as Kompany is at City then he is club captain. When he isn't playing the vice captain takes the arm band. Clearly as Kompany misses so many matches then the choice of vice captain is fairly important and needs to be somebody who plays most matches but why on earth would Pep come in and actively look to take away the captaincy from Kompany?

Kind of answered your own question there chief.
I'm sure Pep's not going to come in and say, "sorry Vincent but you had a lot of injuries last season, so you're not captain anymore". I'd love to see Kompany have a relatively injury free season and keep the arm band. He's a great captain. However, if he continues to have injury, after injury, surely then a new captain will have to be considered.

It will be interesting to see who is vice captain next season. Surely Yaya (if he stays) won't be vice captain under Pep. It baffled me why MP chose a captain that didn't turn up until the 80th minute.

Kind of answered your own question there chief.
I'm sure Pep's not going to come in and say, "sorry Vincent but you had a lot of injuries last season, so you're not captain anymore". I'd love to see Kompany have a relatively injury free season and keep the arm band. He's a great captain. However, if he continues to have injury, after injury, surely then a new captain will have to be considered.

It will be interesting to see who is vice captain next season. Surely Yaya (if he stays) won't be vice captain under Pep. It baffled me why MP chose a captain that didn't turn up until the 80th minute.
I don't think I have answered my own question at all because I made it pretty clear that despite the injuries I think there is absolutely no need to replace him as captain.

I don't think I have answered my own question at all because I made it pretty clear that despite the injuries I think there is absolutely no need to replace him as captain.
Yeah, you're right. What am I on about. Lets just keep him captain forever because he is a top bloke!

Yeah, you're right. What am I on about. Lets just keep him captain forever because he is a top bloke!
No, just as long as he is a player at the club. It is ok you know, we can have different opinions on this without you attempting to belittle my opinion.

No one in the squad deserves to lead the team more than Kompany.
I agree with this up to a point. That point is the ever growing doubts concerning VK's availability for selection. Quite simply put he just cannot afford to have another season like the one just past. Yes he is a legend but we cannot afford to have a captain/player who sometimes fails to mak it past the 15 min mark. My personal view which I have stated at least 5/6 times on here is that Vinny may well be forced into early retirement. It is not an easy one for us to digest but it is a prospect very much on the horizon I fear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.