Next Captain

The Goat Feeder said:
Daniel Sturridge said:
I'd get a leader in and make him captain, if not then the only other leader we have is Given, so him!

Well it depends what you mean by 'leader'?? If it is a leader that simply leads by example then surely Superman must be in with a chance!
I think Ireland could make a good captain in a few years, but atm i've noticed in games when we are behind and playing shit we have no players who can get all the player gee'd up and take the game by the scruff of the neck and lead by example apart from Given, but obviously with Given only being a keeper theres only so much he can do. So for me it's proved we need a natural born outfield leader. In a few years I can see Kompany or Ireland being captain but not atm.

A lot of people have said Ireland but i rarely see him organising or encouraging, he just plays his game and isnt a captain sort of man, i dont think! i dont think the goal scoring, assisting and flair players should be the captain anyway!

Kompany has taken over the role when Dunne has been missing, And he appeared to be the driving force in the Hamburg game. I think it could Dunne some good to have the reponsibility off his shoulders and allow him to concentrate on his own job.

You never know, Berti could be the most natural leader we have... an untapped talent!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.