Next Captain

It has to be someone who is playing week in, week out. Preferably someone who is experienced, knows the league well, and speaks English.

So Barry and Given are the obvious choices.

I think Barry as well, but I like the fact that we have a few natural leaders all over the pitch.

Given - experienced, and respected
Bellamy - Captain of Wales
Dunne - current Captain
Kompany - vocal and organises the team
De Jong - love his attitude
Ireland - see above!
Tevez - is a fighter
SWP - you could go on

We are assembling a team that will fight - something that's been missing from MCFC for a long time

I just hope we don't start the season with sky high expectations, and then see it all come crashing down. Going away from home is going to be a real test, because we'll be a scalp even more than we were last season

Ireland is superman
ireland is superman
ireland is superman
irelandis superman

or in my opinion..

ireland for captain
ireland for captain
ireland for captain
ireand for captain

Without a shadow of a doubt it should be Richard Dunne.

City's player of the year for how many years.

He deserves the honour of leading City into the new era. Any of the new boys needs to earn it.

6j0ry9.jpg

This is a difficult one.....Ned for future captain as he will be the soul of our team in years to come...right now it is a tough one but all good things must come to an end and I think Dunnie may well be on his way, which in itself is very sad as he has been there through the very dark days

If Dunne stays or goes he wont play as much as i can see Kompany being joined at the back with a decent signing (Lescott/Toure??? altho i am very worried that only the NOTW and The Mirror have linked us with Lescott and Toure! we've not been linked with any defenders by a solid reliable source yet!) and Onuoha will be the back up defender ahead of Dunne if anyone is suspended or injured!

Dunne, if he does stay, should stay as club captain! But on the pitch as a leader, an encourager, a bollocking giver, a motivator, an organiser and someone who led by example from his first touch of the ball and throughout the season - in his first season with us as a 23 year old!!! - Vincent Kompany has to be given the arm band!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.