Next Captain

Barry would be the best choice .. hes got experiance of captaining a team pushing for the top4

obvious choice tbh.

I'd like Dunne to carry on as captain if he stayed, which hopefully he will, there are a lot of changes happening around here at the minute, which are good, they're (mostly) good changes. But with all the changes in personal, I think keeping Dunne as captain, he's experienced, he's been captain for years, he knows what's expected of him, he knows how to lead, and he knows the pressure of it. Why change something that we don't need to change.

If we had to I'd change the captain, it needs to be an experienced one.
Given's been the go to guy in Newcastle, mostly VC but anytime there was a change in managers (which we all know happened a lot) he'd usually be given the armband. They trust him, he's loyal, he's a hard worker and he's consistant and he has no problem leading. He's a great record as captain, not just with Newcastle but Ireland. When everything and everyone is falling to shambles around him and being shaken to it's core Given always stays strong. He could and has handle the pressure.
He's reliable and brilliant, and players respect him a lot. Newcastle's pretty much fell apart after Given left, he'd a massive influence in the dressing room, they really lost a leader when we snapped him up.

He'd make an excellent captain, but he's a keeper, and that's where the problem is. I do think we should have him as VC though. He doesn't need an armband to roar at his defence, as the backs have found out pretty quickly. Lol.

Whoever it is, I don't think it should be, and I doubt it will be, a player we buy this season. Like I said, we need stability, and it'd be wrong to give a new player who doesn't know the club the captaincy, and never mind an almost insult to the players all ready there.

If he starts then bellamy he has the passion and has the right criteria to become a captian

If Dunne stays and plays, which would be my preference, carry on skipper!

If not, Bazzer!

Pretty sure it will be Barry, with Shay as VC.

But, for me, the imaginative choice would be Ireland. For the last third of the season he seemed to be captain in all but name, taking responsibility on the pitch and off it.

ShaunyWrightWright said:
jimmy blue shoes said:
smiles said:
I know kompany is a big hit with the fans but he'll be lucky to be starting next season let alone captain.

Barry, will be captain next season. no brainer.

Agreed.

I'd love to know who and where all these players are coming from that are going to step in a take all our first team players spots. If Vinnie is out of a spot next season, who is next, Ireland? Get real.

Dejong and Barry will edge him out of midfield and our new CB signings will be preferred over him- you dont sign new CB's to play a DMF you already have there....
This is not to say he won't play plenty of games next season- its a squad effort, but he won't be part of our starting 11 if everybody is fit.

allblackcitizen said:
Pretty sure it will be Barry, with Shay as VC.

But, for me, the imaginative choice would be Ireland. For the last third of the season he seemed to be captain in all but name, taking responsibility on the pitch and off it.

Understand - but Barry is a 'leader' and will command the respect of all on the pitch - he is also used o being authoritative etc - Ireland's chemistry and character is not such that he could do the captain's role - to be fair neither as Dunnie's been - just too nice a bloke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.