Next Captain

I reckon it'll be Toure. Barry is a bit like Dunne in that he seems to be quite quiet on the pitch and not the sort of guy who will get in a referees face, whereas Toure can be a mouthy get, which is what you need.

city stew said:
i'd like to see super man as captain but realistic gotta be bazza

why are people so obsessed with giving ireland the captaincy , hes amazing but not captain material

Barry doesn't strike me as your typical captain to be honest. More of a quiet guy who leads by example.

I'd be tempted to go for Toure. Barry's a class act but he's not too vocal, and it could be a bit too much pressure too early for Stevie Ireland. I actually think we've got a few potential leaders now, which can only be a positive thing.

Toure as Captain with Zabaleta as his no2 would be fine by me. In this day and age, though, you need several captains, and i think Given, Toure, Zab, Vince, Barry, Ireland and a couple of others all have good traits in that respect.

big vincent kompany for me wen he is fit, he will be one of the best holding players in the world in a few years and already shows great leadership skills

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.