Next Captain

Honestly I feel a bit stupid because Shay slipped my thoughts! However he is definately the most vocal player lol! He has saved us on many occasions and could be very capable of commanding the back four! I wouldn't put it past him to make captain either!

I remember thinking last week that Shay would make a great captain. Hell, he practically seems to be a captain at all times on the pitch doesn't he? Truthfully though we need 11 captains on the pitch but Shay and Barry are on the top of that list. Though the best option because of position seems to be Barry because it would be easier for Barry to communicate with the forwards than it would be for Given.

Kompany has captain written all over him...the man exudes self confidence is intelligent..and if you read one of his interviews when he joined city apparently he is an avid book reader, quiet philosophical, and has interest in politics.

Vinnie is an intelligent man, who has a sharp mind and is not a "i'll make it rain all night long bitches" "i'm a football player" guy....

For me the sentimental choice has to be Vinnie tough as nails, played the back end of last season we all know with a lot of pain due to bung toe...

Realistically, I am not sure if Vinnie is a first choice starter...either he is fighting with Dejong or for a CB position.

I feel Barry is not a "Commander" doesnt have that "It" factor to be a great captain..I mean as much as I hate the fooker "Roy Keane" was an animal and every body knew who the top dog at the swamp was...I want that type of captain...

Ireland, should not burdened with the duty of captain he is still developing, let him flourish with no pressure, he is still couple of years away from being classed in gerrard and lampard category...when he does i have no qualms in making him the captain!

blumer out!
ps: Did u see my first long range goal? ;) in turkey heheehe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.