Next Captain

DontLookBackInAnger said:
big blueballs said:
whats wrong with the old one? at the momet
How many games do you think he will play?
not sure but as he has the shirt at the moment and we have kept 3 clean sheets and he has not looked to bad with toure along side him who knows if we continue in a similar way as we have why leave him out, what does that tell the rest of the squad if hughes drops him now not to mention what it could do to moral

Who gets your vote for future City Captain and why?

Ireland:

Personally I think Ireland would make a good captain and he has already carried the armband a few times in pre-season! Which tells me Hughes has his eyes open to possible candidates already. He is one of our star's and a hard worker! Although he his more vocal with his presence on the pitch than his actual voice.

Kompany:

Vincent is definately a leader but the only problem I now see is with our back 4 and midfield where does he play? He is definately a hard worker and dedicated to have played with the pains he had in his foot. He has the quality to lead us but would he be the best choice?

Barry:

He definately makes his presence known every game and is definately the link between our defence and attack! He has the quality and dedication every game and so far has given 100% every game. He was the Captain at Villa and has experience in that role already. I've seen him become vocal a few times and stepped up to the occasion when opponents looked threatening in our last few matches. Furthermore I think Hughes bought him for his talent to lead. So although new to the squad I think he will have the respect of many already!

Other notable mentions:

Bridge: Hard worker, talented and seems to have the respect of many!

SWP: Fan favourite, talented, long term member.

My Vote: I think Barry is the best to fill in this role but I think Ireland could do a good job as well!

If Nedum keeps playing how he plays when given the chance the definately number one prospect for the long-term future! With the possibility of Dunne leaving I think Barry will fill the spot.

Not saying he's my choice, but just throwing his name into the mix... Shay Given? He's definately worth a mention, but i guess it's probaly wiser to have an outfield player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.