Next England Manager...

TheMightyQuinn said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Agreed. If Redknapp is the answer to all England's problems then I'm Adebayor. I expect the FA to take the easy option by sacking Capello, and lay all the blame at his feet. He's too strict, ya'know, he demands they concentrate on the game. If they went out on the lash, or had late night orgies, maybe we'll win the World Cup. He's too foreign also, ya'know, doesnt understand the English-bulldog Winston Churchillian fighting spirit. He wants to turn them into softie Ities. Hey, lets all jump onto the medias "bring in good ol' Arry to instill some passion into the lads" bandwagon, along with all the other sheep who only care about football whenever England play in a major tournament, bedeck their cars and houses with England flags, gather their tactical knowledge from the Sun, and go with their ideals that Wayne Rooney is the finest footballer planet earth has ever seen and ever shall see, and that England are a truely magnificent team, who will surely win the World Cup by playing football the likes of which you have never seen.

I agree with everything you said mate. We've had shit loads of English managers who have 'failed' so to start blaming the nationality of the manager is pathetic and an easy way to ensure that the 'legends' like Rooney and Gerrard etc escape unscathed and ready to disappoint in the near future.

We're just not good enough. I don't see why more people can't just admit this. At least that way we could address the problem and seek to change things. Instead, as usual, we're looking for scapegoats and making excuses.

I'm tired of using the Blackpool as Prem champions analogy again but it's the only way of viewing the situation and seeing how ludicrous it all is.

England are not in the top 8 nations, we're probably in the top 16. We reached the final 16 so where is the failure? We did as well as could be realistically expected.

Maybe it's me, maybe I'm meant to see Venables singing for The Sun and think 'hey man, England invented football, we're probably the best in the world, we'll piss this cup just like we did in....1966'.

Your Blackpool analogy dosn't realy stand up. Now if Blackpool went all out to win the FA cup would you say that was impossible.

better than capello.fa wont like it but the fans would
FeedTheGoat10 said:
mike-bassett-england-manager-0.jpg

TheMightyQuinn said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Agreed. If Redknapp is the answer to all England's problems then I'm Adebayor. I expect the FA to take the easy option by sacking Capello, and lay all the blame at his feet. He's too strict, ya'know, he demands they concentrate on the game. If they went out on the lash, or had late night orgies, maybe we'll win the World Cup. He's too foreign also, ya'know, doesnt understand the English-bulldog Winston Churchillian fighting spirit. He wants to turn them into softie Ities. Hey, lets all jump onto the medias "bring in good ol' Arry to instill some passion into the lads" bandwagon, along with all the other sheep who only care about football whenever England play in a major tournament, bedeck their cars and houses with England flags, gather their tactical knowledge from the Sun, and go with their ideals that Wayne Rooney is the finest footballer planet earth has ever seen and ever shall see, and that England are a truely magnificent team, who will surely win the World Cup by playing football the likes of which you have never seen.

I agree with everything you said mate. We've had shit loads of English managers who have 'failed' so to start blaming the nationality of the manager is pathetic and an easy way to ensure that the 'legends' like Rooney and Gerrard etc escape unscathed and ready to disappoint in the near future.

We're just not good enough. I don't see why more people can't just admit this. At least that way we could address the problem and seek to change things. Instead, as usual, we're looking for scapegoats and making excuses.

I'm tired of using the Blackpool as Prem champions analogy again but it's the only way of viewing the situation and seeing how ludicrous it all is.

England are not in the top 8 nations, we're probably in the top 16. We reached the final 16 so where is the failure? We did as well as could be realistically expected.

Maybe it's me, maybe I'm meant to see Venables singing for The Sun and think 'hey man, England invented football, we're probably the best in the world, we'll piss this cup just like we did in....1966'.

We're not as good as we think and just dismiss other teams. Germany yesterday were described as an average team, probably the worst German team ever, full of kids, no one World Class, we should exploit their weaknesses comfortably, and so on. Wasn't it Michael Owen, who was saying none of these German players would get in Englands team? Delusion of the highest order. If the FA sack Capello and bring in Redknapp, it would just be a typical cop out decision to please the masses, just as it was when McClaren was appointed. Get rid of the foreigner, and bring in a bona fide Englishman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.