Next League Games

One of the great mysteries of life, the stats bear up though. Probably because of the travel involved with EL games (as opposed to CL which are nearly all in Western Europe) and the teams in EL not having the same squad depth.

The reason teams in Europa League can't sustain a title challenge is because they're always playing last on the Premier League weekend. Other teams in Champions League end up playing earlier than them so inevitably are always ahead and the Europa guys never get to put points on the board first to put any kind of pressure on the rest ... they're always chasing ...

Other than that there's no difference between Wed-Sat or Thu-Sun in terms of time in between. Take our example this very week for example we are flying so far away for Wednesday night game but will be playing Saturday first game on next weekend as well. Drawback: Yes less rest-recovery-prep time ... but advantage, we play first ... win it and then see how others like with that pressure ...

I think West Ham can finish above both Leicester and Manchester United for that reason alone, they have full clear week all the way and other two are tied down Thursday nights and always will play later on weekends. Which is why I said in the Liverpool pre-match as well I don't even consider Leicester or United as title rivals.

More on that in West Ham Pre-Match Thread ... I should get writing that now, as would have to post soon after the game tonight ...

The reason teams in Europa League can't sustain a title challenge is because they're always playing last on the Premier League weekend. Other teams in Champions League end up playing earlier than them so inevitably are always ahead and the Europa guys never get to put points on the board first to put any kind of pressure on the rest ... they're always chasing ...
I'd agree with that as well.

Other than that there's no difference between Wed-Sat or Thu-Sun in terms of time in between. Take our example this very week for example we are flying so far away for Wednesday night game but will be playing Saturday first game on next weekend as well. Drawback: Yes less rest-recovery-prep time ... but advantage, we play first ... win it and then see how others like with that pressure ..
This seasons a bit fucked but the EL teams never get the easier Sat-Tue-Sun runs.

Other than that there's no difference between Wed-Sat or Thu-Sun in terms of time in between. Take our example this very week for example we are flying so far away for Wednesday night game but will be playing Saturday first game on next weekend as well. Drawback: Yes less rest-recovery-prep time ... but advantage, we play first ... win it and then see how others like with that pressure ...

I think West Ham can finish above both Leicester and Manchester United for that reason alone, they have full clear week all the way and other two are tied down Thursday nights and always will play later on weekends. Which is why I said in the Liverpool pre-match as well I don't even consider Leicester or United as title rivals.

More on that in West Ham Pre-Match Thread ... I should get writing that now, as would have to post soon after the game tonight ...

yes i remember reading your thu-sun theory in a thread before. might be that liverpool one. looking forward to west ham preview. do you write them before the game is even played? how long does it take you to find all the stats and fixtures etc. as it is great for us to just get all info in once place but must take some time putting it together?

Reactions: MAG
yes i remember reading your thu-sun theory in a thread before. might be that liverpool one. looking forward to west ham preview. do you write them before the game is even played? how long does it take you to find all the stats and fixtures etc. as it is great for us to just get all info in once place but must take some time putting it together?

Too long mate, too long ...

Utter bollocks. We could beat both those teams and draw/ lose to the others . Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We’re ten clear with 30 odd points to play for.
After tonight uniteds next four are the rest of the top 5!
After those games we will be better able to judge the rags (lack of?) quality...

After those games we will be better able to judge the rags (lack of?) quality...
We definitely be able to judge them better but his post is incorrect, he is missing that they play Palace in there and Leicester is a cup game anyway. So it was never 4 in 4.

Next 5 before the international break:

West Ham (H)
Wolves (H)
Man Utd (H)
Southampton (H)
Fulham (A)

If we win all of them we would equal the PL consecutive wins record of 18 currently held by us and Liverpool.

And if we do manage it then our chance to break it would come away at Leicester.

I see no reason why we shouldn’t realistically expect 15 points from those games.

I see no reason why we shouldn’t realistically expect 15 points from those games.
The Hammers could be tricky enough. They're on good form at the moment. Couple that with our trip to (and back from) Hungary, and it's a potential banana skin. And our quiet neighbours seem to have an unfeasibly good record at our place in recent years. But yeah; anything less than 13 pts would be disappointing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.