Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the next guy can match Pellers record all is well and good. Apart from perhaps the CL I think Pep's record when he
leaves will be almost impossible to match. Indeed it may mark an end to the era of City as the team to beat.

Thats why it’s an ideal time for him to leave - his success came at a time when nobody else in the league had a depth of quality to compete; now everybody else is stockpiling talent too, so whoever succeeds him is going to be operating in a much more competitive environment, will struggle to win as many titles and therefore be deemed inferior.

We were on a rapid decline under Pellegrini. It was getting worse and worse every season and the defence was a joke. He benefitted a lot in his first year from the defensive organisation left over from Mancini, similar to Martinez’s first year at Everton, but as time went by that organisation eroded away. We wouldn’t have got top 4 16/17 season if he had stayed and we only got it by the skin of our teeth in his final year.

To be fair the recruitment under Pellegrini was the worst of the 4 managers of the Abu Dhabi ownership. I agree he residually benefitted from Mancini’s work, but the fact all 3 of them won titles show that it’s the club that’d been built to win over the past decade, regardless of whether Guardiola turned up or not. I’d also point out that Mancini and Pellegrini’s final seasons were sabotaged by the knowledge they were going to be replaced.

What’s the criteria? Inheriting Barcelona 2 years after they’d won a European Cup, with key players from the Spain Euro 2008 team and a Messi who was naturally destined to be the best player in the world? Or winning default titles at Bayern while neutralising them Europe? Or winning a 3 titles in his 5 years here, in each of which he had the best squad in the league?

Where’s the evidence of superiority, that can’t be accredited to circumstance?

He doesn’t have a reference point of overachievement - the true barometer of greatness for a manager - like Ferguson did with Aberdeen or Klopp had with Dortmund and Liverpool.

You'd think he personally dragged the club up from Division 2 and won us our first Premier League title the way some on here deify him.

Yep. Winning means nothing if it’s inevitable - I’d rather have done it the Leicester way; an owner who wants to invest rather than monopolise, develop our own talent and win one title and cup in 5 years if it was achieved more organically than simply buying £1b of players to neutralise the competition.
LOL.

I had you on ignore already for something or other...but fuck me what a weird take you bizarre bell end.

I sure City have a list of people they are watching and, along with Rodgers, I expect Enrique is on there.

I suspect Premier League experience may get more priority with the next manager selection.
I suspect Champions League experience will be higher on the club's wishlist. Whether or not we've won the CL during Pep's tenure.
It's where the biggest money is. That's the priority.

Dismiss what he did in Scotland, tinpot league that even Gerrard has won.

Look at his recent seasons with Leicester, bottled CL qualification 3 years in a row.

His piss poor management cost Liverpool the title as it has with his recent years with Leicester. It is not a coincidence they struggle when the pressure gets on top.

He didn't bottle the top 4 and his players don't amount to the fourth best team or squad in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.