Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola’s intention is to see out the remainder of his contract at Manchester City - which takes him up to June 2021. It is expected that Mikel Arteta, having considered Newcastle United in the summer, will receive other offers. [@JBurtTelegraph]

Didn't tolmie indicate that Arteta wasn't seen as the successor to Pep , or did I dream that ?

Hahahahahhahahaha are you even serious? Pep was the first coach ever to become the champion of Barca B. He won the UCL with Barca, he got the most points and goals scored of Bayern ever, he sort of created Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Busquets, Pique, Kimmich, Rode, Pedro, David Villa, Bojan, Dani Alves. He made Abidal one of the best LB's to ever have lived. He put Lahm on the CDM position after years of playing LB, and it turned out to be fucking genius. He won several league titles, cups, supercups, international cups with Bayern and Barcelona. He was already wanted by national teams (e.g. Argentina) and other top class teams such as PSG.

He was SO good, that after Mourinho got fired at Real Madrid, there were rumours that Real wanted to buy out his contract and get him to be their coach. Even though they are their biggest rivals and Guardiola is a catalan. Just remember that.

Cheers for that. Never knew any of that about Guardiola and shocked to hear how successful he was prior to managing City.

Seen as your a bit of an expert apparently there is a guy at Barca called Messi?? Is he any good?

It probably would be a backward step but who wouldn't be after Pep?

Yes Peps a proven winner and with his style of play was the perfect choice however not sure so many obvious choices will present themselves in the near future.

You are quite right hiring winning managers is a proven strategy however our manager, prior to Pep, Pellers hardly had a proven record of winning in europe and compare the records of Mourinho and Pep when Pep got the Barca job, quite clear that our owners do not see it as the only consideration.

Also its not coincidental that the last two managers have been Spanish speaking.
I'm not a Poch fan next for us, as stated, but if you have it figured out for someone that's won nothing, fairplay, especially citing that Speaking Spanish is a priority prerequisite.
I defer to my first post in the thread. I don't think Pep is leaving for awhile.
Not only the challenge of winning on the pitch, but the challenge of doing it with the bias against us as well I feel has Pep entrenched in our family and this endeavor now.
We have the most money, rising revenues to combat FFP, the best facilities, great fans, and a great core for moving forward.
Are the reasons Pep left those other sides going to surface here? Maybe, maybe not.
I just don't see Pep bailing anytime soon until it's job done. Remember, the owner's want CL title more than anything, and they know Pep is the guy.
To top it off I think Pep is loving it here.

It'll probably be someone we've not considered, currently managing on the continent, like Villareal or Leverkusen level but tries to play in the Pep style. I bet it's a surprise appointment not someone already big name.

I'm not a Poch fan next for us, as stated, but if you have it figured out for someone that's won nothing, fairplay, especially citing that Speaking Spanish is a priority prerequisite.
I defer to my first post in the thread. I don't think Pep is leaving for awhile.
Not only the challenge of winning on the pitch, but the challenge of doing it with the bias against us as well I feel has Pep entrenched in our family and this endeavor now.
We have the most money, rising revenues to combat FFP, the best facilities, great fans, and a great core for moving forward.
Are the reasons Pep left those other sides going to surface here? Maybe, maybe not.
I just don't see Pep bailing anytime soon until it's job done. Remember, the owner's want CL title more than anything, and they know Pep is the guy.
To top it off I think Pep is loving it here.

Yes no issues with all that. I agree Pep is not leaving for a while and so this thread is all hypothetical anyway.

As I said in the initial post if Pep left ‘at this moment’ I think Poch would be the ideal choice, due to a host of factors such as Spanish speaking, availability, experience in the Premiership etc but two years down the line I think he will be in position elsewhere so Its unlikely it would be the right time to sign him. Not really sure why If Pep left tomorrow Poch being a front runner would be such a controversial opinion. He seems to be at Bayern aswell.

that sounds like he is thinking of staying even longer???
Seems to raise the possibility. Whatever, looks like Pep / City have gone out of their way to end the gathering specualation in the media that Pep would leave this Summer. Those interviews seem to have been deliberately organised to get across this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.