Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will that be Spain? As he's Catalan through and through would he like to manage them?
I don't know how he feels about Spain/Catalan so genuine question.
Obvious I’m praying he stays beyond his possible extension. I’d expect if he does go for an international job he could pretty much take his pick. I don’t think it would be Spain though

Just read he’s said he wants one of his players to bring back a World Cup medal so he can see one for himself. If none of them do he says he’ll go and get one himself in 2026. I think he’ll sign the two year extension then he’ll be off. Hopefully he hates not being with his players everyday misses club football and wants to come back to city. I honestly believe he loves the club now. But I think he wants at least one crack at international management before he retires
Knock out football isn't really his strong point :o)

If he walked out tomorrow.....Who would we look to?

Arteta
Kompany
De Zerbi
Howe

Anything better out there?
Think Arteta would clearly be the best choice. Whether he’d be available or even want to come back with what he’s built at Arsenal, another story. Let’s hope we won’t have to worry about it for a few more years!

If he walked out tomorrow.....Who would we look to?

Arteta
Kompany
De Zerbi
Howe

Anything better out there?
Think if he went tomorrow Enrique would be the first port of call.Think the 4 on your list would be a couple of years off, especially Kompany. Arteta is interesting in how keen would he be to leave Arsenal for us.

Whoever our next manager is after Pep, we need to learn lessons from the swamp after Fergie left. He selected Moyes as his successor and Moyes came in with all his backroom staff and ignored / threw away what had made Fergie so successful.
When we name Pep's successor (hopefully a lot of years from now), we should bring them in to work with the trainers and medical staff we already have - hopefully bring them in before Pep leaves so he can work with Pep and understand how the team dynamic works with the trainers etc. Then, hopefully we can have a fairly seemless succession and long continued success. If the manager wants to bring his own people in, they can transtition one or two people in over time.
I know our owners and directors know what they're doing running our club so well. Wouldn't want to go through years of transtion or chopping and changing managers like the rags or Chelsea (although they did it quite well under Abrahamovich).

It’s not really possible for any club to go through what United did with Ferguson leaving.

No one operates under the 1980s model of the “gaffer” being first team coach, head scout, manager, director of football and part time CEO any more.

United were a multi-billion dollar business being run on the football side like a modern conference north team.

Think if he went tomorrow Enrique would be the first port of call.Think the 4 on your list would be a couple of years off, especially Kompany. Arteta is interesting in how keen would he be to leave Arsenal for us.

I was just kind of making the point that an extension is desired/needed for a couple of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.