Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you checked if they are the same posters??

Hmmm. Didn’t think so.

I never discounted Kompany, and I never even said we should go for Slot - just impressed with him (he’s further ahead than Kompany rn). When Pep leaves - that is the time when we will evaluate whether Kompany’s experience is enough.

None of my suggestions, nor Kompany, would be ready to take the job right now. But the job isn’t available right now so we are speculating on who may be one of the best managers in the world in 2 or 3 years.
Anyone is going to be a downgrade to Pep. Vinnie in another couple of years will have experience, but I don’t think experience is that important. Pep took over Barca and won everything in his first season and his only experience was a season managing Barca B.

Anyone is going to be a downgrade to Pep. Vinnie in another couple of years will have experience, but I don’t think experience is that important. Pep took over Barca and won everything in his first season and his only experience was a season managing Barca B.
Not if they are a god damn genius a la Pep.
Not if they can command respect from world class players like Zidane.
Also, Pep and Zidane started out with possibly the 2 greatest players of all time, certainly the two best at the time. A luxury we will not have to offer an incoming manager.

99.9% of managers, Kompany, Slot, Still, Ireola included, I don't think have these qualities.

Maybe Vinnie is a genius, and if we think so we should bring him in regardless of experience, but for most managers to gain the respect of world class players they will need to build up their coaching reputation. I think experience actually is important for most managers as well - Ferguson was a much better manager 10-15 years into his reign at united than he was 3 or 4 years in. Mourinho flopped at Benfica before making it at Porto, then Chelsea, Inter, Madrid etc.

He is a lot better than that league.
That’s not quite what I meant. Pep is a Catalan man and Barcelona through and through. He played and coached the Barca way before he got the top job.

Kompany obviously excites me as he’s a legendary Blue and is doing very well at Burnley. A future manager? Yes. The next one? No. He’s not ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.