Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a fan of one of the Milanese clubs?

I think Sarri has proven himself and his football to be effective in a number of jobs, including his time in the Prem as well as Serie A. Chelsea fans didn’t like his style of play, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t effective imho it was, and that job was never a stable one, I wouldn’t have expected anyone to last long there.

True that it is subjective, but I’m interested why you think he’s a tw@t?
I'm a Juve fan (that's why I said I was biased lol), I have it written in the description under my username but it probably isn't visible on mobile.

We've had Sarri for the only title-winning season he had in Serie A, but it wasn't that enjoyable. Partly because at the time we were too used to winning the title, partly because he didn't win convincingly and wasn't any less boring or frustrating than Allegri despite being possession-oriented; he put us to sleep with 100 little horizontal passes in midfield and the slowest buildup possibile which didn't result in many chances. And yeah partly because of his history of antagonism and hateful comments towards Juve and the fact that it was crystal clear he didn't like the club and he wasn't in the right environment for him - we all knew it but he also said it himself after he was sacked. So yeah I might very well be biased but here in Italy he's known for making excuses* and for being a very crude and ignorant person, of the mean kind - the kind that freely shouts "faggot" at Mancini (and it wasn't a first for him), just to give a very small example.
*e.g. he famously said in 2018, when he was coaching Napoli, that his Napoli side lost their game against Fiorentina (and so the title race to Juve) because of the despair of watching Juve win a match undeservedly the night before, despite Napoli having the possibility of overtaking Juve and being ahead with 3 games to go if they'd just won or drawn their own game against Fiorentina that afternoon.

Any successor will buy his own players, but I don’t see Simeone having to buy more than other managers will. He would play a completely different style absolutely, but we have a squad full of highly intelligent footballers, many of which have played different styles at other clubs. I could see him getting more out of Haaland as well as the English contingent.
Hmm I do think Simeone's style being that different would result in him having to make more changes, but yeah some of your players are definitely suited for a more direct style of football.

Tata led a very good period of Barça before their post-Pep decline set in. Based on his time with that squad, I see him as someone who could slot in with us quite effectively post-Pep. He would maintain the same shape, a high back line and possession-based play, but slightly more direct and very high-tempo.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. He doesn't sound like a bad option then.

I want to see what he does in the next few seasons before putting him up for a top job.

Same, I'd like to see him stay at Brighton for a bit and express his full potential there before going to a big club.

Arne Slot is one to keep an eye on.

Andoni Iraola (former CFG) and Will Still also should be kept on the radar.
By all accounts I hear Will Still is having an amazing early start to his career. I haven’t seen his teams play though. Any idea about his style of play?

Arne Slot is one to keep an eye on.

Andoni Iraola (former CFG) and Will Still also should be kept on the radar.
My word, Arne’s goals for record is incredible

Reactions: kun
My word, Arne’s goals for record is incredible

He's currently top of the Eredivisie with Feyenoord. In 19/20, his AZ Alkmaar team lost the league title to ten Hag's Ajax on goal difference (after the league was curtailed by covid).

Some clips of his incredibly fluid AZ Alkmaar side:

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 11.40.16.png

Last edited:
Crazy how some posters would say Vinnie needs more experience, then turn around and suggest some completely green nobody from the Dutch or Belgian league. Fucking hilarious
have you checked if they are the same posters??

Hmmm. Didn’t think so.

I never discounted Kompany, and I never even said we should go for Slot - just impressed with him (he’s further ahead than Kompany rn). When Pep leaves - that is the time when we will evaluate whether Kompany’s experience is enough.

None of my suggestions, nor Kompany, would be ready to take the job right now. But the job isn’t available right now so we are speculating on who may be one of the best managers in the world in 2 or 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.