Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's all enjoy what we have now which is success and dominace. When he does go. It will be very hard to find another manager like him.

Vinny is struggling at Burnley. He's realised the teams are more difficult than they were last season. I don't think he would be the right choice for us hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
He wouldn’t be the right choice if we had to make it tomorrow but I imagine he will learn an awful lot this season about himself and being the man he is strive for improvement.
A few seasons down the line it’ll be interesting to see how he’s developed.
Definitely wouldn’t rule him out for the future.

I honestly think that what we've built now is a club that is a "machine". We don't rely on individual brilliance from any players, our team is a team. Sure, the players in it are some of the best in the world, but the club is quite capable of buying pretty much any player in the world - apart from Kalvin Phillips - and making them world class. See Rodri, Dias, Stones, Walker, Ake, Bernardo, Foden, Haaland, Gundogan etc etc. But it's the way we play which is the main thing - possession football with intelligent players.

When Pep leaves, it won't be like Fergie leaving. The club will know - now - who the replacement it. It will be someone who plays a similar style to Pep with possession football and who may bring some new ideas to the club.

I hope Pep stays for many more years but I'll just enjoy there here and now until he decides to move on.

We will be fine and competitive but you are significantly downplaying the impact of Pep. We get the players we want largely because of him. We have dominated largely because of him. Without him we will be good but at the moment I can't think of a single candidate who can sustain the relentless drive to keep improving and winning that he can.

De Zerbi is probably the standout in England for his style of play, but has so much to learn still. At least it would be good football if we got him.

Vinny has arguably made a few errors at Burnley by not sticking with some of those that got them up. But he has the right mentality and drive and passion for our style of football so the stars could align for him here.

We will see. For now let's just enjoy Pep and what he's doing and hope he keeps extending. With such a young group of players I don't know why he would want to leave in 2025 but I am sure there could be some sort of record to tempt him to stay!

Demichelis is a better shout than Kompany. Said it two years ago and he is working his way up now.

Demichelis is a better shout than Kompany. Said it two years ago and he is working his way up now.
Yeah, to be clear I’m not advocating for Vinnie any time soon.
I liked Demichelis, good to hear he’s doing well.

Seen a million dickheads like you before on here, not half as smart or subtle as you think and usually just a footnote in history after a few months.
Enjoy.
Agreed, utter clown.

Jesus, imagine having so little to fill your time that you spend it trying to wind blues up on a City forum. The fun part for us is that we know that they know that we know that they wouldn’t do it unless they were really hurting :-)

Great times to be a blue.

Postecoglou would be good if contracts line up. I'm a bit biased obviously but he has won trophies everywhere he has gone. Plays a similar style, sits on top of the table after taking over a rabble and has experience working with the City Football Group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.