Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ange has had a few good months at Spurs.

Talk about flavor of the moment.
Has a decent resume. He has won wherever he has gone and worked for City Football Group. Turned around Celtic now doing it with Tottenham. Didn't walk into either club in a good state. He is a fair shout especially given his style of football.

People banging on about this bloke at Spurs were probably banging on about Brendan Rogers and Pochettino too.

Deary me…
He’s a very likeable bloke tbf. Wouldn’t be at the top of my list right now but one to look out for over next couple of years if he continues on his current trajectory.

Chances are slim to none but someone like Will Still would be interesting. He's doing a hell of a job at Reims despite any expenditure.

It's bad enough hearing opposition fans & pundits wishing Guardiola would leave to give everyone else a chance, without our fans chipping in too.

It was only 3 months ago that Pep was talking about City's long-term aspirations with him at the helm, saying he's happy & comfortable here & feels supported by the hierarchy.

Can't we just enjoy these good times with the great man, put our crystal ball's away & stop playing Mystic Meg?

0_MYSTIC-MEG-1996.jpg

Ange has won a league worked in our football group has the personality charisma to be our manager plus he plays our possession football! Ticks every box..
He doesn’t tick every box. He has never worked with tier 1 elite level players. Pep’s ability to man manage is one of his strongest skills. Ange has basically been in the small time for years. He is getting his chance now to prove his abilities.

He doesn’t tick every box. He has never worked with tier 1 elite level players. Pep’s ability to man manage is one of his strongest skills. Ange has basically been in the small time for years. He is getting his chance now to prove his abilities.

Fair!

Who do you think will follow pep?

Let's all enjoy what we have now which is success and dominace. When he does go. It will be very hard to find another manager like him.

Vinny is struggling at Burnley. He's realised the teams are more difficult than they were last season. I don't think he would be the right choice for us hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Fair!

Who do you think will follow pep?
It is a fair question but an extremely challenging one to answer. The Club should have a short list at all times just in case. I do think DeZerbi would at least be on that list, but there are aspects of his resume that concern me. I’m not sure who else I would want on that list. I would need some time to reflect on that.

The problem we have when Pep leaves is we will be replacing a generational type coach if not the best coach of all time. History shows us this a truly impossible task. Following a legend is a really tough act to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.