Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but question the wisdom of rehiring a man known for falling out with everything that breathes.
I can't argue with that - save for this...

Is Mancini falling out with the Italian national side? Or, has he matured? Now managing not through conflict, but through motivation and appeal to team and hard work?

Who knows?... I don't see any press reporting conflict with Mancini as Italian manager (which of course doesn't mean that unreported conflict is in fact occurring behind the scenes).

And he has single-handedly transformed an aging, poor, footballing side that didn't even qualify for the WC, into an exciting, young, vigorous team, playing dynamic, attacking football, and going undefeated for a record number of games.

At any rate, I love the style of football Italy is playing... don't you too enjoy their games?

And Italy's record of success under Mancini is phenomenal.

Put me down for Mancini as manager after Pep.

Last edited:
I can't argue with that - save for this...

Is Mancini falling out with the Italian national side? Or, has he matured? Now managing not through conflict, but through motivation and appeal to team and hard work?

Who knows?... I don't see any press reporting conflict with Mancini as Italian manager (which of course doesn't mean that unreported conflict is in fact occurring behind the scenes).

And he has single-handedly transformed an aging, poor, footballing side that didn't even qualify for the WC, into an exciting, young, vigorous team, playing dynamic, attacking football, and going undefeated for a record number of games.

At any rate, I love the style of football Italy is playing... don't you too enjoy their games?

And Italy's record of success under Mancini is phenomenal.

Put me down for Mancini as manager after Pep.
Well they’ve had no success so far. Christ we could possibly reach a euro semi tonight after rescuing the World Cup same stage under Gareth bastard Southgate. Success isn’t form or runs.
It’s winning things, if they win fair play. I still wouldn’t want him back, doesn’t stop me loving what he done for us.

Well they’ve had no success so far. Christ we could possibly reach a euro semi tonight after rescuing the World Cup same stage under Gareth bastard Southgate. Success isn’t form or runs.
It’s winning things, if they win fair play. I still wouldn’t want him back, doesn’t stop me loving what he done for us.
Fair enough.

But there are other factors too.

First of all - style of play. I don't value winning above all else - I want to enjoy the game too. Fortunately, lively, attacking play is currently more successful than more conservative play. Italy are an exciting side - I want our side to play in this style once Pep leaves.

Then there's loyalty. Upon being fired as manager, what did Mancini do? This.

mancini-ad-3870078.jpg

I always liked Mancini but at times his substitutions were beyond comprehension. And as others mentioned he fell out with players and club leadership alike, just as he had done throughout his career as both player and manager.

The Tevez fallout was terrible - but much blame must too be attached to Tevez who likewise has a penchant for falling out-of-favor with others in spite of phenomenal talent.

And yet, Mancini - for me - never had the full backing of management - it seems to me that management were always in pursuit of Pep - and that Mancini was a fill-in.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

But there are other factors too.

First of all - style of play. I don't value winning above all else - I want to enjoy the game too. Fortunately, lively, attacking play is currently more successful than more conservative play. Italy are an exciting side - I want our side to play in this style once Pep leaves.

Then there's loyalty. Upon being fired as manager, what did Mancini do? This.

mancini-ad-3870078.jpg

I always liked Mancini but at times his substitutions were beyond comprehension. And as others mentioned he fell out with players and club leadership alike, just as he had done throughout his career as both player and manager.

The Tevez fallout was terrible - but much blame must too be attached to Tevez who likewise has a penchant for falling out-of-favor with others in spite of phenomenal talent.

And yet, Mancini - for me - never had the full backing of management - it seems to me that management were always in pursuit of Pep - and that Mancini was a fill-in.
I’d agree, pep gets free reign and maybe Mancini didn’t. Way the world works, just how Mancini gave Balotelli free reign and others not. Bridge gave an interview about Mancini and if that’s true then he’s a bit of a bastard. Could be sour grapes from bridge however he doesn’t come across like that.

I have enjoyed watching Italy, even more so if it means Mancini is doing well. I wish him nothing but the best, for me though that ships sailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.