Next Rail Strikes Announced.

You said the unions need to change tact. So, what do you suggest as an alternative to what they are doing now?
"To change tack means to change course, to try a different approach or a different method. The phrase change tact is often used, but it is incorrect. It may be a confusion of the phrases change tack and change tactics." I know you're quoting @Jesus H Gabz ;-)

Stop targeting certain areas of society (who are nothing to do with this action) to create the most attention and go after the government & TOC’s, get around the table, March on London, Downing st, head offices, even Greenpeace targeted Sunak, if they feel that strongly about it then mobilise & stop looking for a soft target
They need to create attention, it's part of the strategy. The fact that they are willing to sacrifice wages during this dispute tells me that they feel quite strongly about the situation as well.

"To change tack means to change course, to try a different approach or a different method. The phrase change tact is often used, but it is incorrect. It may be a confusion of the phrases change tack and change tactics." ;-)
Not my choice of word, I was quoting another poster.

The fact that there was no strike during the Coronation yet a strike for the FA Cup final made me stop caring. They’re targeting the wrong people.

It’s not made me oppose them or owt, but I now don’t give a shit if they get the payrise or not.

Funny considering how much you bleat on about us not needing cars.

My next door neighbour is part of the strike but he told me about six months ago that he doesn’t want to strike but feels like the union gives them no choice. Not sure what the rights and wrongs are here because all I seem to have read / heard is conflicting POV. Not sure why those on both sides don’t just sit in a locked room and don’t leave until everything is sorted, it can’t be that hard can it.
Yes,because the Govt are being utterly unreasonable while pumping out bullshit propaganda.
This dispute could and should have been resolved a long time ago,the union requests are not remotely outlandish......they want nothing more than a fair deal for staff and a safe railway for the public.

The last thing railway staff want is to strike,many are struggling as it is,but to lose thousands in pay each year is crippling.Back the workers and the necessary action now,more than ever,or see another industry be destroyed by despicable,greedy and selfish bastards.

The fact that there was no strike during the Coronation yet a strike for the FA Cup final made me stop caring. They’re targeting the wrong people.

It’s not made me oppose them or owt, but I now don’t give a shit if they get the payrise or not.
Plenty of other serious aspects to this dispute and not just pay.

Don't forget buses around Manchester are having sporadic weekend strikes starting this week

216 not running at all when it happens

All parties are beginning to piss me off,and I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that
Is exactly where I’m at, I understand it’s an emotive subject/situation for anyone connected to the industry, and they may feel a few nice words outside a station, or the pomp of a horn is the public giving them their 100% support, but I’m not one of them, neither do I support the government, I’m just pissed off being caught in the middle of it. The Unions have exhausted the tactic of targeting weekend travel, football fans, and other leisurely activities, it’s gone on too long and I’m starting to feel targeted, I was asked the question what else should they do ? That’s not a question for me, it’s for the two parties involved. What I can say is if someone feels targeted don’t be surprised if they push back. I’ve gone from feeling very understanding & supportive of the action, to sympathetic but wanting a resolution, to being totally pissed off with it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.