Next season and scoring more goals?

birchwoodgingerste

Ok this season hasnt gone to plan and we havent got anywhere near the silky free flowing football of last season but what are the reasons?.For starters we just arent putting our ratio of chances away and world class players like silva, nasri and aguero really should be scoring more goals.There are lots of talk about city getting transfer targets in early this year with players like lewandowski, cavani and neymar being linked.If we do get both cavani and lewandowski where would this leave sergio agguueeerooo!!.For me we need to address the lack of goals adding width and strength up front.Also nasri and silva must surely be encouraged to shoot more because they should easily be getting 10-15 goals in this team with there ability.We will settle for second place and the fa cup this year and prepare ourselves for wrestling the prem back to manchester next season.

I've seen the back page of the Star too. Comic

Just keeping Aguero fit would add 10 goals

We need a de jong replacement with decent pace and an eye for a quick 30 yard pass. Scouting should be working hard on this. Then instructions to the forwards to look to be available for that pass if it comes quickly.

The reason I think the strikers have found it tough as so often the passage of the ball through the middle is so fucking slow that they're double marked and getting closed down by the keeper by the time they can have a pop. They're living on half chances.

Today was the fifth game that we have played Nasri, Silva, Aguero and Tevez together. Our best four attackers. Says it all really.

Add in injuries, inconsistency through tiredness or rotation and as you allude to lack of goals elsewhere. We simply have to be more goals out of defence and midfield. Even if its only another 5 or so. It can be the difference.

Truth is we need someone putting himself consistently in the 6 yard box - aguero and tevez fantastic but too often they are out wide , in the build up and when we get the ball across the box there is no one there , no true out and out striker to finish great moves. Dzeko doesn't have the pace or style to really do this for us . A true striker told to be a focal point (Cavani) who has pace with aguero and tevez off him and silva behind would get goals galore

-- Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 am --

We score way too few tap ins from balls across the box<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 am --<br /><br />We score way too few tap ins from balls across the box

Cavani, Aguero, Tevez and one more, don't know if he'll give Guidetti a chance or bring in another big signing. I'd have Remy as a fourth striker for £4 mill or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.