Next season and scoring more goals?

The cookie monster said:
I dont think its results against the big clubs which have cost us

It is unability to beat small teams that has hindered our chance at title. We need to be strong and not believe we are champion before we are next season.

Rammyblues said:
Need to improve our results against six teams

Rags
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spuds
Everton
Liverpool

Last season I reckon we collected 26 points, this season 12. Fourteen points down same number of points behind rags. Rags improved their points total we didn't. Cavani, Reus and Popodopoulis may change that. (IMO)

Its not just them teams, it's going to places like Stoke, Sunderland, Southampton etc and getting 3 points. United did and we didn't. We drew to a team relegated in April, that says it all.

Rammyblues said:
Need to improve our results against six teams

Rags
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spuds
Everton
Liverpool

Last season I reckon we collected 26 points, this season 12. Fourteen points down same number of points behind rags. Rags improved their points total we didn't. Cavani, Reus and Popodopoulis may change that. (IMO)
Can't agree to most of that. We cannot expect six points off the rags every year. Four points against Arsenal is more than we managed last year. Four points off Chelsea is more than we got last year. We cannot expect six points off Spurs every year - although we should have got six this year. The rags have only got twelve points from the rest of the top five (although with Chelsea at home still to play), we've got fourteen points from the rest of the top five. That's not where the rags have gained points on us.

The rags have gained their points by ensuring they don't draw too many by scoring goals. The fact is we've got to turn draws into wins against mid-table and lower-table opposition. Liverpool, Everton, Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham, QPR, Southampton. That's where the damage was done. You cannot expect six points off each of the rest of the top five. The rags will only manage it against Chelsea if they do manage it at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.