Next season and scoring more goals?

Pace, power and tempo.

Did I mention tempo?

Add the following and we will have no problems whatsoever.

Simply converting a higher proportion of the chances we create would be a start. How many games have there been like yesterday where 5-1 would have been a fair result? That's with this season's team, next year we will undoubtedly be better, hopefully Agüero Nasri and Silva will stay fitter and we can add another creative player for the starting XI and another for the bench.

Cavani, Aguero, Tevez and one more,

We need another 30+million striker, if/when aguero and tevez get injured when need some as good to come in,

Cavani and one more world class attacking midfield player - also a defensive midfielder who has some pace to close out attacks, someone with Barry's tackling and distribution, but as I say some pace, that will do us.

I don't think there's much we can do. We can add wide players sure but Mancini won't start with them unless his hand is forced. Teams seemed to figure us out halfway through last season and we have tended to need to grind matches out from that point onwards. Is Mancini schooled enough in the art of more varied styles of attacking?

If we do buy Cavani that should mean we have a true 30 goal a season striker. Getting some extra width is crucial, Lamela is the latest to be linked. Would also be good to have some creativity from deep, realistically Benat seems to be the obvious choice with his contract running out.
I'm not surprised our goals have dried up, we just haven't got the depth, if Yaya or Silva gets injured our midfield options are so limited its untrue and so many of our other options like Garcia, Barry, Rodwell and Milner to an extent are all too similar. Then you factor in Agueros injury problems and Dzeko inconsistencies its no surprise that we've struggled to score.

greasedupdeafguy said:
If we do buy Cavani that should mean we have a true 30 goal a season striker. Getting some extra width is crucial, Lamela is the latest to be linked. Would also be good to have some creativity from deep, realistically Benat seems to be the obvious choice with his contract running out.
I'm not surprised our goals have dried up, we just haven't got the depth, if Yaya or Silva gets injured our midfield options are so limited its untrue and so many of our other options like Garcia, Barry, Rodwell and Milner to an extent are all too similar. Then you factor in Agueros injury problems and Dzeko inconsistencies its no surprise that we've struggled to score.
Nasri?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.