Next season expectations

Markt85 said:
If you don't win any trophy's next season... would the manager be sacked ?
I guess it depends whether we narrowly miss out, or miss out by a country mile. If we, say, get to the semi final of the FA Cup, the Quarter Final of the Champion's League, and finish 2nd in the league by a couple of points, I doubt we'd sack the manager. Mancini wasn't sacked solely based upon the on field failings this season. It was a more far reaching decision than that it seems, taking into account many different aspects.

My expectations for next season are:-

League Cup - Not overly bothered, but I'd like to think we could make the Quarter Finals with our backup squad.
FA Cup - No reason why we can't win it, I'd like a Semi Final.
Champion's League - Qualifying from the Group really is a must, Quarter Final hopefully.
League - Champion's League qualification a must. Top 3 (us, United and Chelsea) will likely be a fair few points away from the chasing pack of Spurs and Arsenal. It'll be tough but, with United entering uncharted waters in the post Fergie era, I want the title back.

Markt85 said:
If you don't win any trophy's next season... would the manager be sacked ?

Runners up in the CL, FA Cup, League cup and the league (with 85+ points) and I think Chelsea would be the only club to sack a manager who achieved that.

It comes down to a lot of factors and isn't a binary decision.

If we are off the pace during the first half of the season, the new manager would go early. CL qualification is an absolute must.

One thing I am certain about. With Mancini gone, my expectations have dropped.

I think 2nd and CL quarter finals, maybe a cup win. I'd be happy with that if we're more competitive than we were this season.

Pellegrini wont get sacked if he comes 2nd, close to 100% on that. He's Soriano and Txiki's guy. He'll get at least 2 seasons if there are signs of improvement on this season, which IMO isnt really going to be that difficult tbh.

There shouldn't be any real expectations put on a new manager when he comes into a club for his first season.

Top 3 as a must and anything else is a bonus.

From there on you can set expectations but in the meantime let him get his rubber stamp on things, sack off the players that don't fit in and bring in the players that we need (might not get the right ones out or in, in one Transfer Window), and put no demands on the man.

If a manager gets sacked after one year then all the people involved in getting that man in should be sacked as well.

welsh_andy said:
Balti said:
league title and beyond the group stages in CL

or he's sacked
pretty much it, 2nd and cl qually didnt save bobby
He didnt get sacked just for finishing 2nd in PL, so dont pretend to be blind idiot. Did he get sacked when he didnt get top 4? Or next year when he didnt win league?
It's because team has gone backwards without any improvement in sight while spending shitloads of money on shite, plus there is always pathetic title defense and mind blowing final against relegation team. And yet another failure in Europe, which is no coincidence, cause Bobby's record there is laughable. He has lost completely dressing room and has no tactics whatsoever. When Aguero doesnt beat 5 players and score or Yaya doesnt score after his earth shuttering runs, team is fucked.

But yeah not winning league for new manager would be failure considering how expensive the squad is(or it's reality check and Silva, Yaya and co are not as good as much they cost and earn). Unless of course Chelsea spend big, get back Jose. Rags spend wise and Moyes actually doesnt suck completely, Liverpool decide to go all out and buy fucking superstar midfield since Fergie has retired and this is their year. Arsenal finally realize they are making quite a lot of money and can buy expensive adult players, and Spurs hold on to monkey and finally buy a fucking world class striker. THEN it might be a bit more tricky to win league :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.