Next season expectations

Pigeonho said:
blueste41 said:
What are they now?

I have no idea what to expect, I can't see us winning the league. Once again we will be building for the future.
Depends who comes in. If the right appointment and players are made/brought in, we have as good a chance as ever of winning the league again. Uncertainty at United, changes at Chelsea and if Arsenal spend they will have to gel. We have a core of outstanding players, so if we get rid of the dead wood and bring in 3 or 4 top quality players to accompany those already here, there's no reason why we can't do well.

As I say though, it's dependent on who comes in. The typical city way would be to dilly dally around, bring in Rafa in late June and watch next season end before it begins. I hope we've moved on from those days though.

Rafa, that better be a WUM, he is a complete cock?

We have a very good chance of winning the league next year and that should be the minimum requirement. I can see the 1/4 finals of CL, PL champions and a good cup run.

CL qualification min but title would be nice

get out of the group stages of the CL

cup run

new manager and the turn over in player will have some impact on next season

nederblue said:
Pigeonho said:
blueste41 said:
What are they now?

I have no idea what to expect, I can't see us winning the league. Once again we will be building for the future.
Depends who comes in. If the right appointment and players are made/brought in, we have as good a chance as ever of winning the league again. Uncertainty at United, changes at Chelsea and if Arsenal spend they will have to gel. We have a core of outstanding players, so if we get rid of the dead wood and bring in 3 or 4 top quality players to accompany those already here, there's no reason why we can't do well.

As I say though, it's dependent on who comes in. The typical city way would be to dilly dally around, bring in Rafa in late June and watch next season end before it begins. I hope we've moved on from those days though.

Rafa, that better be a WUM, he is a complete cock?

]
Why do you say that?
What has Rafa done or not done to give you that opinion of him?

I am going to be optimistic and say the double and get out of the group stages in the champions league. Listened to Graham Hunter earlier and he was raving about Pellegrini, its not often this guy gets it wrong, he knows his stuff

.<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/399469/Engineer-Manuel-Pellegrini-to-fix-broken-Manchester-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ester-City</a>

Given just how many people we're sacking this summer I'm tamping my expectations somewhat, as it's looking like a summer of major upheaval in almost every area of the club. Not just new coaches across the board, fitness people, but players like Tevez and Dzeko going, Barry starting to take a back seat likely to Fernandinho, and this is before you consider a new head coach playing a new formation.

I think Chelsea are better set to win the title next year, especially if they get in Mourinho. They're at a similar stage, needing a couple of key additions to push on but they just have so much talent in that squad with someone like Jose to get them going they'll be running through walls in no time. I think we have a better spine of players but there's so little in it I wouldn't say it swings it back in our favour. I think the owners would be happy with a proper title challenge till the end of the season and getting to the quarters of the semi's though, that's certainly possible. A domestic trophy and that would be a good season IMO.

However Pellegrini walked into Real Madrid off the back of 4 new first team players and got them 96 points. I think that would win it for us next year if he can replicate it.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
What would you be happy with at the end of next season?

Yes things will change, signings etc so expectations etc but right now what are your expectations/what would you be happy with?

PL - Win
Fa Cup - QF+
LC - QF+
CL - Last 16+

Well we might have to give the new manager 12 months bedding in. So probably same as this season...1st/2nd in the league, a cup final, but most importantly getting out of the Group stages in the Chumps League.

Huge changes going on so it's really hard to tell..My expectations are reaching the CL elimination stages, at least 1/4 in the cups, and winning the league. Although that will be one heck of a job if Mourinho does land in Chelsea.

Regaining the title or at minimum a proper battle for the title and not languishing in 2nd chasing a massive deficit.

Qualifying for the knock-out stages of the CL and progressing the 1st knock-out phase at least.

FA Cup run last 4 at least

Those would be mine, the focus obviously being the title and champions league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.