Next Season (if we could all have our own way!)

Lulic Lazio said:
100412194415.png

You have played way too much football manager....i'm serious.

You have played way too much football manager....i'm serious.[/quote]

Yesterday I watched the movie, "Moneyball" (Brad Pitt)
Brad_Pitt_Jonah_Hill_Moneyball.jpg

chanceathefarpost said:
First of all, we need a clear out to free up some wages:
Sell: SantaCruz, Adebayor, Bridge, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Kolorov, Michael Johnson
Possibly sell: DeJong, Johnson
This would free up approximately £1m / week in wages - not to mention the fees (estimated modestly at approximately £60 - £80m)
Now for the interesting bit... the buying. I'd love:
Martinez, Ronaldo, Van Persie, Bale. Wages for these covered by losing deadwood above (400K/week for Ronaldo, rest will require below £200k/week)
I reckon transfer fees - you'd be talking just under £200m. £80m(CR), £30m(GB), £30m(JM) 30m(RvP). You might argue that another centre half would also be required but Javi Martinez and indeed Richards and Yaya could provide cover in said positions. Zaba / Rekik could be the cover for full back for Clichy.
That means, for an outlay of approximately £100 (not too much as we will qualify for Champs league again) we could have a team of:

Hart

Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy

Yaya Martinez

Ronaldo Silva Bale

Van Persie or Aguero

Against the lower sides you'd 'rest' a defensive mid and play both Serigo and Van Persie.
Squad options:
Milner, Barry, Zabaleta, Rekik, Nasri, Guidetti, Pantilimon, Johnson?, DeJong?, kolo, savic
That starting XI would win the league; pace, power, creativity, goals, steel, experience, youth.
Come on Sheik Mansour....make this happen!!

bale 30 mil ( if redknapp leaves and no champs league), hummels 18 mil, cavani 30 mil = in total 78 million

tevez 25 mil, balotelli only 15 mil, savic 3 mil, adebayor 10 mil, santa clause and bridge out. total 53 mil

hart

richards
kompany
hummels
clichy

yaya
milner

silva
aguero
bale

cavani / dzeko ( would thrive off bale)

bench/reserves

panti
kolo
lescott
kolarov
barry
de jong
nasri
johnson
dzeko
guidetti
maybe left out a few?

Sell: Bridge, Cunningham, Kolarov, Kolo Toure, Hargreaves, Adam Johnson, Michael Johnson, Pizarro, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Tevez.
Loan Out: Savic, Ibrahim, Nimley.
Likely Income = £60 million

3 Keepers: Hart, Patilimon, Tayor
4 Full backs: Richards, Clichy, Zabaleta, DIGNE (Lille)
5 Centre backs: Kompany, Lescott, HUMMELS (Dortmund), Boyata, Rekik
8 Midfielders: Silva, Yaya Toure, Nasri, BALE (Spurs), Milner, Barry, De Jong, Weiss, Razak
5 Forwards: Aguero, STURRIDGE (Chelsea), Balotelli, Dzeko, Guidetti

Digne (Lille - £5m) - Young French left back looks a very good prospect. Zabaleta can also fill in at LB, as can Bale and Rekik in an emergency.
Hummels (Dortmund - £20m) - Absolutely perfect competition for Kompany and Lescott and a slightly better ball player against weaker opposition.
Bale (Spurs - £35m) - Pace, width and stunning left foot would be ideal compliment for our midfield.
Sturridge (Chelsea - £15m) - Pace, trickery, great link up play and can play wide right allowing us to change formations mid game.
Boyata, Rekik, Weiss, Razak & Guidetti all deserve a chance as squad/cup players.

At least that above is CL compliant. People on here have got to realise that in assembling their squads for next year the squad for CL has to include at least 4 homegrown players who have come through our academy if they want a 25 man squad that is why this year the senior squad for CL was only 22 players. If we are going to sign a foreign Megastar he ain't going to come to our club unless he can play CL football. I believe there are only two spots that can be found for such players unless we re sign an academy player such as sturridge.

O Hargreaves will leave freeing up one spot, the other can only be created by promoting Johansen from Academy re Keepers (have to have three leaving Stuart Taylor out. Beside those two any further additions will mean one of the foreign players will need to go and for these purposes that includes association type players such as AJ.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:47 pm --<br /><br />PS forgot that if Tevez stays only leaves one spot.

I hope we can keep Tevez. If we can keep Tevez and Aguero together we will have a great chance of winning the League next season.

I hope we don't buy Van Persie. Not as good as Aguero, and he has been the main man at Arsenal. he wouldn't be at City. I'd be very disappointed if we signed him

Marvin said:
I hope we can keep Tevez. If we can keep Tevez and Aguero together we will have a great chance of winning the League next season.

I hope we don't buy Van Persie. Not as good as Aguero, and he has been the main man at Arsenal. he wouldn't be at City. I'd be very disappointed if we signed him

I agree with every word in that post.

Matt the Giant said:
Marvin said:

I agree with every word in that post.

Also Van Persie is a twat of the highest order lol

12Weaver, 3Thatcher, 2Sommeil, 36Glauber Berti, 27Trabelsi,26 Bosvelt,5 Dabo, 14Musampa, 11Vassell, 30Corradi and 20Samaras
there you go squad numbers included ;)

we should sign van persie for dzeko ,puyol for savic, and del piero for johnson has he will provide experience for the younger players and gomez for balotelli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.