Next season we need a 20th anniversary play off final away kit

Absolutely this. We'll never forget the chronic failure of that period. It's part of who we are. But I think the idea of celebrating a 3rd division play off final is a bit patronising to the club. It was a blip. There's a big difference between never forgetting failure and celebrating failure.
Patronising? How can you be self-patronising?

Save any aniversary shirt for the 2019-2020 season a year later which is the 125th aniversary of MCFC or we could wear it next year as we were formed on on April 16 so the end part of next season.

Patronising? How can you be self-patronising?

The club, the executives, Nike, the fans etc are not one entity. So to be patronising in this instance is quite easy. If The Shite released a "The Treble, The Second Coming" as the title of their 2016/17 review DVD, it would be patronising. The same as City "celebrating" a 3rd division play off win 20 years later. It was a low point for the club.

Absolutely this. We'll never forget the chronic failure of that period. It's part of who we are. But I think the idea of celebrating a 3rd division play off final is a bit patronising to the club. It was a blip. There's a big difference between never forgetting failure and celebrating failure.
Bingo! Nail on head. We've spent one season in our entire history in that division and we've spent around 80 of our history in the top division.
The only good thing about that season was knocking a load of new grounds off the list.
And getting away from Millwall in one piece.

The club, the executives, Nike, the fans etc are not one entity. So to be patronising in this instance is quite easy. If The Shite released a "The Treble, The Second Coming" as the title of their 2016/17 review DVD, it would be patronising. The same as City "celebrating" a 3rd division play off win 20 years later. It was a low point for the club.
Yet plenty of the fans would love the kit so what's the problem?

No problem. Everyone is entitled to their view. I personally don't want to celebrate being in the 3rd division, I'm sure you don't have a problem with that either?
Nope. I do think you're confusing celebrating a turning point with celebrating a low point though.

No problem. Everyone is entitled to their view. I personally don't want to celebrate being in the 3rd division, I'm sure you don't have a problem with that either?

People might not want navy socks because they were last mostly worn when we were shit in the 80's and when we were relegated from the Premier League in 01 and relegated into Division Two in 98.

You're all for those though because we wore them in a kids youth cup game.

Anyone when is still alive has only seen a City team in navy socks as a team which is at the beginning of its lowest ever period.

....I'm joking but just using your argument ;)

Blue socks and maroon though. Historically that's just pure greatness.

The Bell, Lew Summerbee period. The end of the 34 year trophy wait. The great winning streak. :)

I don’t think it would in any way be a ‘celebration’ of the game or that season, any more than I would expect any kit to be an exact replica of that 99 one. Just a nod to where we had to come back from to get to where we are today and where we are ultimately heading.

People might not want navy socks because they were last mostly worn when we were shit in the 80's and when we were relegated from the Premier League in 01 and relegated into Division Two in 98.

You're all for those though because we wore them in a kids youth cup game.

Anyone when is still alive has only seen a City team in navy socks as a team which is at the beginning of its lowest ever period.

....I'm joking but just using your argument ;)

Blue socks and maroon though. Historically that's just pure greatness.

The Bell, Lew Summerbee period. The end of the 34 year trophy wait. The great winning streak. :)

Ha! I think the main difference is we’ve worn navy socks for 80 years and a luminous yellow and black stripe away kit for one!

I’m not saying we should wear navy to commorate the 86 youth cup win. I’m just saying a lot of people have fond memories of the crop of youth players from the late 80s who were all City fans who won the youth cup then went on to beat the Shite 5-1. Possibly before your time? ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.