Neymar

So, Pep didn't say he wants him.
Where did I say he did? Im also pretty convinced Pep has bigged him up and said it’s a shame he never got to manage him at Barça… However it’s as equally possible Pep has said he’d love to manage him as him not saying it, by all means Google Pep interviews when we’ve played PSG or Barça. Pep did try to sign him when at Bayern though so kinda hints he wanted to manage the player.

Just voted yes, not overly bothered but he has to strengthen us and would add a bit of theatre. It is a form of entertainment after all.
A bit surprised to see the yes vote ahead.
I think people forget City are a business, the aim is to make money and there’s no doubting that signing Neymar makes money. We get opened up to a huge fan base in Brazil, shirt sales, sponsorships and he’d be the face of Etihad/Abu Dhabi I’m sure. For us fans Haaland is a huge buy and statement piece, but for the club Neymar would dwarf that commercially and that’s the aim of the game for those at the top.
Neymar would sit bums on empty seats, he’d have sponsors lining up for him and us… I also read yesterday he’s a Puma athlete which then opens other doors for us as a club.
He a risk no doubt, but a calculated one and makes more sense now than Messi did last season or the season before that.
How many shirts abroad do you think you’ll see with Neymar on the back if he joined? I couldn’t guess but it’d be a lot! Fans are moaning about him diving but Fernandinho did exactly the same lol. He’d not be the first to do it and won’t be the last. He just needs to learn to be cute about it.

The thing is, he’s supposedly been offered around clubs recently because PSG want to sell and we’ll 100% have been one of the first clubs touted. TH has already said today that he’s rejected Chelsea.

That’ll have got to Pep who I doubt would’ve said no. Sterling and Gabby gone and the chance to work with a guy he praises and drools over publicly at any given opportunity!

If Pep says yes, the club will likely go after it. It’d be up to Neymar who, like Pep does to him, has publicly commented on Pep in the past.

Get him out of a league that doesn’t challenge him and his need to win (too easy/guaranteed) and into a setup that’s hungry and he’ll thrive.

If Pep (supposedly) was confident he’d get the best out of Pogba then I don’t see why he wouldn’t feel the same about Neymar. The guy is a winner, he’s hungry for trophies and would be desperate to succeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.