Neymar

Bellamy won people over with work rate and effort, you’re in cloud cuckoo land if you think Neymar will provide that: just look at each time we’ve beaten them toys well and truly out the pram, like they was playing with ten men. Of course he’s technically better than sterling, I’m not even a fan of sterling but I’d rather have him in the team than neymar.
Did you not see the stats dished up earlier? He works his socks off for the team. Jebus, some of you lot are very facts-averse.

If neymar comes, Jack will either play in the middle then or will be benched same with phiil who can play on the right along with mahrez and alvarez so we have kev, bernardo, ilkay, kelvin(he is a ball carrier so can play as a no.8 when we need more support duties at the back) so i think neymar to city doesn't make any sense it all makes sense only if bernardo leaves tbh which i don't want to happen.

Be careful! They don’t like them facts ‘round here! They prefer cliches and myths.

I agree with your sentiment but I don’t agree with the setting us back years argument yourself and others use. I’m 50/50 on this much like you, but if he signed and after this season it looked like it wasn’t going to work out then we get rid. Yes it may cost us money but he’d be gone. He’s not going to cost us any trophies so as long as we realise that he’s got one season to prove the doubters wrong then it’s a no brainier for me really due to the revenue and fear factor he’d bring to us.

I under stand where you're coming from NMF.

To clarify, the setting us back years has two perspectives IMHO:

1. How much will it cost? Will it tie us down with an inability to compete for good players? Will we fall foul of new FFP requirements?

2. Will he upset the dressing room? Will we see players leave because of his perceived histrionics/attitude/demeanour?

We have at present our best squad. Well, that was last season, and we have made adjustments over the Summer.

Largely, news about our squad is rarely in the papers. Yes they follow Grealish, but he is Today's Beckham/Gazza, in so much as they realise his profile and image and England supporters are fond of him.

However, my point being, the squad is settled, and we rarely if ever hear of row's arguments and dischord.

I don't mind not winning every year, but want us to compete favourably in every competition. I'm not greedy, just realistic that our cycle will come to an end.

Could this transfer, be our "re-signing of Rooney" moment? They were never the same again after that...again MHO.

If It happens and I'm wrong, I'll gladly hold my hands up.

But at present, this Skeptical Manx Hippo, remains Skeptical.

Ramble over!

Attachments

• 2924479_460s.jpg
    2924479_460s.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 14
If neymar comes, Jack will either play in the middle then or will be benched same with phiil who can play on the right along with mahrez and alvarez so we have kev, bernardo, ilkay, kelvin(he is a ball carrier so can play as a no.8 when we need more support duties at the back) so i think neymar to city doesn't make any sense it all makes sense only if bernardo leaves tbh which i don't want to happen.

Neymar / Grealish - Haaland / Alvarez - Foden / Mahrez

Bernardo / Grealish - KDB / Gundogan

Bellamy won people over with work rate and effort, you’re in cloud cuckoo land if you think Neymar will provide that: just look at each time we’ve beaten them toys well and truly out the pram, like they was playing with ten men. Of course he’s technically better than sterling, I’m not even a fan of sterling but I’d rather have him in the team than neymar.
Let's not mistake running around aimlessly while throwing tantrums and screaming out "fuck off" as work rate.

That’s the thing. We are all expecting to go for a big midfielder to replace Gundo next year with the risk of Bernado leaving as well. But the big signing could equally be Neymar with Jack dropping back or even Foden which Pep has openly spoke about before. Look at Bernado as a prime example we signed him to play on the wing yet he now runs our midfield.

That’s the thing. We are all expecting to go for a big midfielder to replace Gundo next year with the risk of Bernado leaving as well. But the big signing could equally be Neymar with Jack dropping back or even Foden which Pep has openly spoke about before. Look at Bernado as a prime example we signed him to play on the wing yet he now runs our midfield.

i wonder if we are also bringing cash in so when gundogan leaves next summer we are ready with the bellingham money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.