Neymar

Thaksinssoldier

Any reason why the old thread is locked?

Well I'm bumping him here.

Smoke signals starting to emerge on this one methinks...

Real have said he was offered to them and they refused because they felt he was just using them to get a bigger contract at Barca

This would boil down to if Barca are skint, as rumours suggest. If they are then they might take a crazy money bid and you might as well go for Messi!

There's so much smoke I'm wondering why the Fire Brigade haven't arrived.

Wonder no more...

bfi-00o-0p5.jpg

This would boil down to if Barca are skint, as rumours suggest. If they are then they might take a crazy money bid and you might as well go for Messi!
In Spain, the buyout clause has a legal basis. If he pays the £140m (or whatever it is after the £/€ conversion then he's free.

In practice the buying club transfers the money to the player, who then triggers the buyout. If he meets the buyout figure then there's very few tax issues (I think there's no VAT) but there are or can be if you agree a fee that's less. So you could, in theory, pay less but spend more, if that makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.