NFL 2022/2023

Broken clock… :-)

Fascinating game and finish in Cincinnati. Can’t help wondering how Baltimore would have fared had Lamar Jackson been fit.

Personally, I would have expected them to win. LJ makes a big difference to the Ravens. I feel for LJ as he is a likable player (apart from his recent Twitter outburst).

I am sticking with my prediction of Super Bowl winners a from a couple of months back.....49ers. In a way I hope they do it as they deserve it for playing so well with a third string QB and I think Kyle Shanahan is a genius of a coach. He has made the 49ers a consistently good team without a franchise QB.

Last edited:
Would be surprised if the Bills lost, but less so if the Vikings lost. With so many narrow victories in recent weeks. there really can’t be much skin left on their teeth.

Similar to the Titans last year in that heir record did not reflect their ability.

I know Cousins gets a lot of grief for being limited but being paid so well but he did well this year. If anything, the Vikings DC should be getting the boot. The secondary, even when the defense are only rushing with four at the front, is really, really bad.

Personally, I would have expected them to win. LJ makes a big difference to the Ravens. I feel for LJ as he is a likable player (apart from his recent Twitter outburst).

I am sticking with my prediction of Super Bowl winners a from a couple of months back.....49ers. In a way I hope they do it as they deserve it for playing so well with a third string QB and I think Kyle Shanahan is a genius of a coach. He has made the 49ers a consistently good team without a franchise QB.
I think that had he been fit for the closing part of the season, that game may have been in Maryland and not in Ohio, and it will be interesting to see how Baltimore’s owners react now and whether they stump up.

I agree that San Francisco arguably look the best balanced side, on both sides of the ball, and I certainly wouldn’t begrudge them winning it.

I think that had he been fit for the closing part of the season, that game may have been in Maryland and not in Ohio, and it will be interesting to see how Baltimore’s owners react now and whether they stump up.

I agree that San Francisco arguably look the best balanced side, on both sides of the ball, and I certainly wouldn’t begrudge them winning it.

Indeed a fit LJ may have led them to winning the AFC. Like you say, the game in Baltimore may have been very different.

The whole LJ contract situation is a strange one. The owner had no issue giving a $20m contract to a player in a relatively low value position (linebacker) but have delayed paying +$40m to LJ. Maybe the owner doubts LJ's ability because it has been a WR graveyard. However, I think that is more to do with Greg Roman (OC).

That explains it!
Been dipping in and out this year,and watching Purdy this weekend really had me wondering.
He really didn't throw like a confident QB, nd doesn't have that air of confidence.

Mind you, I'm frequently feeling the same about Trevor Lawrence's balls and stances.
Looks like someone who all too often puts too much loft on it rather than more directly shooting it where it needs to go.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.