NFL 2023-24

Signing Watson you could argue no morals either.

Why do Browns fans have no morals because Jimmy Haslam paid for Watson?

As a Bears fan, I expect you are aware that George Halls (you noticed those initials on the jersey?) was central to the banning of black players for 12 years. Are you a Scouser?

While you're researching this, take a look at what Browns did for black players.

Last edited:

As a Bears fan, I expect you are aware that George Halls (you noticed those initials on the jersey?) was central to the banning of black players for 12 years. Are you a Scouser?

While you're researching this, take a look at what Browns did for black players.
So you’d be ok with us signing Greenwood?

Their fest of your post is kinda irrelevant. Like you. But thanks.

So you’d be ok with us signing Greenwood?

Their fest of your post is kinda irrelevant. Like you. But thanks.

The cases against Watson went to court and were thrown out by grand juries on two occasions and the lawyer bringing the action against him is a friend of the owner of the team Watson refused to play for.

Like a Scouser, you came up with a false moral equivalence. I'll make it clear for you by providing you with a colloquial explanation: apples and oranges. Not to mention the use of the word, 'kinda'.

You are going on ignore. I don't debate with teenagers or illiterates.

Last edited:

Halas. Neither illiterate nor a teenager, alas to the last… ;-)

I thought it was the Cleveland Rams, when they moved to Los Angeles, that rather broke the mould.

Halas. Neither illiterate nor a teenager, alas to the last… ;-)

I thought it was the Cleveland Rams, when they moved to Los Angeles, that rather broke the mould.

Thank you for pointing out the typo/auto (in)correction. ;)

Both teams did. Motley and Willis (Browns) and Washington and Strode (Rams). Think Motley and Willis signed before the other two. The Browns had a third of all black players in the NFL by 1950.

Thank you for pointing out the typo/auto (in)correction. ;)

Both teams did. Motley and Willis (Browns) and Washington and Strode (Rams). Think Motley and Willis signed before the other two. The Browns had a third of all black players in the NFL by 1950.

Thought it was the other way round but you might be right. Think it was 6 years after the ban was lifted before Chicago fielded a black player, though Halas did draft a player beforehand. Much is made of that and also his subsequent fielding of the first black quarterback in the modern game, but, along with the other owners, Halas was instrumental in forming and prolonging their heinous ‘agreement’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.