NFL 2023-24

Not too many suprises in the draft but Atlanta selecting a QB is a very strange one considering the investment in Cousins they just made.

Bears look absolutely stacked on offense now with Williams and Odunze added and will be a big challenge to the Lions now i fear.

Lions traded up for more defense which can only be a good thing.
Hope springs eternal. All the weapons appear to be in place, but with only one winning season in the last decade, I'm not going to get too carried away just yet. Oh what the heck, New Orleans in Ferbruary...

Not too many suprises in the draft but Atlanta selecting a QB is a very strange one considering the investment in Cousins they just made.

Bears look absolutely stacked on offense now with Williams and Odunze added and will be a big challenge to the Lions now i fear.

Lions traded up for more defense which can only be a good thing.

Yes - was a rather boring played to script draft this year apart from the rather bizarre QB selection from Atlanta. Not necessarily on the player but more the situation they just paid big bucks for a veteran QB in Kirk Cousins to join them. As you pointed out, I think everyone was gobsmaked with this direction.

Da Bears certainly lucked out this year. Who could have imagined giving up the first draft pick to Carolina last yr only to pick once again no 1 in this yr's draft & this time being able to select the QB they really liked. Who really knows if Caleb Williams is the real deal every 'expert' predicts but compared to Bryce Young who was selected by Carolina last year, Williams seems to have landed in a better team quality environment surrounded by better talent & topped off this year by being able to select one of the best WRs if not the best WR in the 2024 draft in Rome Odunze.

A lot of people including myself, even though I'm a Miami Dolphins fan will be intrigued to see how Da Bears fare next season - also looks like they're going to be building a new stadium in Chicago.

As a Falcons fan, fuck my life

I don’t really get the overreaction.

Cousins is 36 and coming off a huge Achilles injury. Theres every chance he’s shit next year or gets reinjured and you have to live out the Jets last season.

His contract is basically a 2 year deal, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if penix sat for 2 years. Worked for the Packers, worked for the 49ers in the past.

It probably comes down to if you rate Penix or not.

We did it with Jordan Love and Rodgers went back to back MVP. Id rather have Pennix as starter than Kirk, he’s bang average.

Yeah but why pay Cousins a guaranteed $100m and draft a QB that could be 28/29 before he starts?

I mean, if he doesn't start before then it means Cousins is doing his job but it's a wasted opportunity if we really are "win now" plus the fact I just see a massive arm and not much else on the kid

Yeah but why pay Cousins a guaranteed $100m and draft a QB that could be 28/29 before he starts?

I mean, if he doesn't start before then it means Cousins is doing his job but it's a wasted opportunity if we really are "win now" plus the fact I just see a massive arm and not much else on the kid
Buyers remorse on Cousins maybe. But then also Pennix doesn’t have to sign. Talent wise it makes sense but as a signing strategy it makes zero sense.

My friend loves the NFL, he's originally from Michigan but moved over here in his teens; still watches it obsessively and heads to London each year for the superbowl.

He's trying to get me into it. I've tried on several occasions to immerse myself and I'm getting there...but, can somebody please explain the rules to me like I'm a three year old? I get there are two phases of play that each team goes through, the offense and defense, but how does the points system work outside of touchdowns? Does it go purely off yards that are covered? It seems complex to me, even though I'm sure it isn't.

My friend loves the NFL, he's originally from Michigan but moved over here in his teens; still watches it obsessively and heads to London each year for the superbowl.

He's trying to get me into it. I've tried on several occasions to immerse myself and I'm getting there...but, can somebody please explain the rules to me like I'm a three year old? I get there are two phases of play that each team goes through, the offense and defense, but how does the points system work outside of touchdowns? Does it go purely off yards that are covered? It seems complex to me, even though I'm sure it isn't.
6pts for a touch down, 1pt for the kick after that. Otherwise its 3pts for a kick anywhere else on the pitch.

You can gain points in other ways e.g. Safeties but pretty rare so no need to worry about it.

Best way to learn is to watch games, listen to the commentators who are usually superb and actually have a clue what they are talking about unlike those doing premier league games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.