NFL 2024-25

Being a sports gambler it was only last season I realised, after years of having zero interest in it, that American football is superb to bet on.

Got a random free £2 bet with SkyBet, put it on some touchdown scorers and watched a bit of the game that night. Turns out wanting a player to catch it in the ’end zone’ was pretty fun. Ha!

Taught myself the basics as the season went on and my bets then got more in depth with thIngs like passing yards, receiving yards, rushing yards etc. I like the stats side of the game.

My only interaction with NFL before last season was playing John Madden on the Mega Drive when I was a kid.

I’m still very much a beginner and I wouldn’t watch a game without having a little bet on it but I honestly can’t wait till September.

I don’t have a team and I think I’m gona keep it that way.

It’s been interesting to be on the ‘other side‘ as it were learning a new sport as we all know how English PL fans treat foreigners, especially Americans ’soccer fans’. When you hear them tell their story they usually say, I liked a certain player or the kit colours stood out etc, but for me I just really liked betting on it ha.

When learning the game I picked up the team nicknames and colours really fast but remembering what players played for who took longer. Surprised me that. Thought I’d get that really quick. For example, when my GF asks me who does he play for and I say like West Ham and she asks again the week after, I think, Christ, it’s not hard to remember. Well, turns out it is! Ha.

I might even do an NFL fantasy team but I don’t know many players or which league to enter but I definitely want to get more involved this season so hopefully this forum topic stays active.

The fact they mostly play 6pm and 9pm on Sunday nights are superb for the UK viewer. Clashes with nothing else.

I have had a lot more success betting on NFL then football. Plus, you have a lot more matches played at the same time on a Sunday which makes the betting quite fun.

I think the final 53 man rosters are due in tomorrow.
Will Rees-Zammit make the cut at the Chiefs?
Season starts a week Friday with Chiefs v Ravens.
Will Washington finally have a winning season? First game v Tampa Bay Rags.
I am a Washington fan, even though we have a great new QB and coaching staff, we just don't have the depth of talent needed (the OL and Edge rushers are especially worrisome) I can't see us getting a winning season, I think 8 wins max. My money is on Kansas as they have the best QB and know how to win. Dark Horse for me is Chicago

I am a Washington fan, even though we have a great new QB and coaching staff, we just don't have the depth of talent needed (the OL and Edge rushers are especially worrisome) I can't see us getting a winning season, I think 8 wins max. My money is on Kansas as they have the best QB and know how to win. Dark Horse for me is Chicago
Going by the rave reviews the Bears are the best team ever and will win the Super Bowl, the Tour De France and the Aussie open. NFC north looks strongest division, hopefully Love can justify his salary.

The Commies look like they have a solid new QB, sans Snyder you may not be the garbage fire you have been for a while.

I think the final 53 man rosters are due in tomorrow.
Will Rees-Zammit make the cut at the Chiefs?
Season starts a week Friday with Chiefs v Ravens.
Will Washington finally have a winning season? First game v Tampa Bay Rags.
Didn’t he get a 3 year deal last week?

Be happy to just to beat last year’s 7-10.

Never gone into a season so optimistic as a Lions fan. Got a feeling this is the year they need to get to the Superbowl if they are going to. NFC north is going to be super competitive over the next few years so this could be the lions best chance.

Eagles fan.......fell apart end of last after an amazing start, though there some tight wins in that.

Chemistry between NS, coaching team and players is going to be key.

Be happy with a winning season as well.

Any injury to Hurts and we be fooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.