NFL 2024-25

For most people, it’s where they went to school or another team they admire…albeit they cannot be a direct rival of your Alma mater!

My kids went to the University of Illinois, who are actually ranked this year!!!

Anyway, as a mere observer without a team, I find the atmosphere, the lack of showboating and the chance of an upset to be very attractive in the college game.

With the expanded BCS this year, some colleges will get a “second chance,” as one bad game and a loss will not tank their season, so there’s still a lot to play for!

This is, by far, the best time of year for outdoor sports fans! Baseball playoffs, College football in full swing, NFL teams starting to sort themselves out and soccer season (and tournaments) underway. Throw in the late summer-Fall weather we’ve been having and it has been a banner year so far!!
I remember taking my brother and his wife to a Boise State game on the Smurf turf. They were visiting from Australia, we had a great pub crawl first and the whole marching bands etc were great, Then we got inside only to find out there was no alcohol for sale, we were gone before halftime and I’ve never gone to another game!

Uncalled for, why do you have to shame him like that?

lol Like me me, he is an unashamed supporter.

I first started supporting the Browns in the mid 80s (I stopped watching NFL for several years after the franchise moved to Baltimore) Working class town, great history and many years of comedic tragedy on the field. They reminded me of City.

Yeah, the NCAA Football has been great this season with Alabama getting beaten by Vanderbilt, Alabama v Georgia, Oregon v Ohio and Michigan getting beaten regularly :) I get to watch/scan a handful of games on my phone when the girls watch Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday evenings.

I cannot decide on one team to support as I just cannot develop a proper affinity to a single college team (with the Browns it was because of the parallels to City). My favourite teams are North Carolina (best kit in American football - you should all take a look), Oregon (like the place and the kit) and Ohio State (I support Cleveland teams and they are the nearest major college team to Cleveland - Youngstown, Akron and Kent State don't count).

What's funny is, the week prior to Alabama losing Vanderbilt played Missouri. Mizzou won, just, then got absolutely slated online, embarrassing was the general consensus that Vandy got so close. Always good to see Alabama lose.

An updated tally… we aren’t really together in who we support…

Lions 2

Steelers 1

Ravens 1

Giants 2

Dolphins 1

Browns 1

Steelers 1

Jets 1

Bills 2

Bears 1

Blimey, at least 3-4 Jets fans have declared on this thread alone (me amongst them), are you sure you don't work fro the Prem League with that awful counting?

lol Like me me, he is an unashamed supporter.

I first started supporting the Browns in the mid 80s (I stopped watching NFL for several years after the franchise moved to Baltimore) Working class town, great history and many years of comedic tragedy on the field. They reminded me of City.

When I saw the Browns in Cleveland, I was constantly reminded how the Team left Cleveland and the next year won the SB as the Ravens....it still hurts in Cleveland.

Was down at Spuds stadium this weekend to watch the Bears and ran into a Browns fan after the game in the pub. I mean the only browns fan I saw that day, she also lamented the Ravens move.

ps @Rorz88 ...Jets fan here, get a recount going pls :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.