Nfl Fantasy League draft tonight at 8:30pm

MCFC1993 said:
Saints v Bucs has been a top game so far. Our D is still fucked but Brees' play calling has been second to none.
Brees in the huddle;

"We're gonna pass, then pass and then pass again if we can. Then I'll throw it, and then we'll pass, then I'll throw it short and let Sproles pad my stats, then I'll throw it again."

75% of plays were passes coming into this game, first in the league, surprisingly..

pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
Saints v Bucs has been a top game so far. Our D is still fucked but Brees' play calling has been second to none.
Brees in the huddle;

"We're gonna pass, then pass and then pass again if we can. Then I'll throw it, and then we'll pass, then I'll throw it short and let Sproles pad my stats, then I'll throw it again."

75% of plays were passes coming into this game, first in the league, surprisingly..

Don't see a problem with it, the offense is designed around passing and running is only used as a distraction to make the opposing D think about it. We don't have Reggie Bush anymore and other than Sproles we can't really rely on our running backs. If you seen some of the plays in the first half today they were different class, two of which were 90 odd yard drives.

On a side note our D has really turned up from midway through the 2nd to now. Same record as the Bucs if we hold on here, panthers struggling, Vitt back next game, things are looking up.

MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
Brees in the huddle;

Don't see a problem with it, the offense is designed around passing and running is only used as a distraction to make the opposing D think about it. We don't have Reggie Bush anymore and other than Sproles we can't really rely on our running backs. If you seen some of the plays in the first half today they were different class, two of which were 90 odd yard drives.

On a side note our D has really turned up from midway through the 2nd to now. Same record as the Bucs if we hold on here, panthers struggling, Vitt back next game, things are looking up.
I see a problem with it, you're 1-4, possibly 2-4.

You need to run the ball as much as pass it in the league, the Saints CAN run the ball but opt not to.

It's like the Yankees, this season they lived or died by hitting the home run. Come the post season, they were swept 4-0 by better pitching.

If the Saints make the playoffs, with the exception of Katrina Bowl, better defences lead to turnovers by Brees and bye bye Saints pass happy offence.

pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
Brees in the huddle;

You need to run the ball as much as pass it in the league, the Saints CAN run the ball but opt not to.

It's like the Yankees, this season they lived or died by hitting the home run. Come the post season, they were swept 4-0 by better pitching.

If the Saints make the playoffs, with the exception of Katrina Bowl, better defences lead to turnovers by Brees and bye bye Saints pass happy offence.

Don't think you can blame the passing game for the 1-4 start, that's got more to do with what went on pre-season, suspensions etc... Payton also has a massive influence on this team and Brees in particular. Next season we'll be better, even next game when Vitt is back we'll be better. Don't really get the Baseball analogy's, now thats a sport I don't understand.
Bucs might take this to OT...

MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:

Don't think you can blame the passing game for the 1-4 start, that's got more to do with what went on pre-season, suspensions etc... Payton also has a massive influence on this team and Brees in particular. Next season we'll be better, even next game when Vitt is back we'll be better. Don't really get the Baseball analogy's, now thats a sport I don't understand.
The playbooks the same, it's like Bobby being in the stands for a game.

If the Saints weren't such thugs then they wouldn't have these 'excuses'

pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:

Play calls aren't the same though and that's whats important, picking the play to suit the moment.
I refuse to believe that other teams aren't giving their players little bonus on the side for putting big hits on players. We just got caught, which yes we have to hold our hands up too.

Phew 2-4 now, touchdown for the bucs was overruled at the end. Bronco's in two weeks, if we play like we have the last 2 games I reckon we'll do them.

Another frustrating night of gambling, seems to always come down to the final play. It's weird that Bucs ruled out TD didn't get reviewed as he was clearly pushed out of the end zone then came back in? Cost me money!

MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:

Play calls aren't the same though and that's whats important, picking the play to suit the moment.
I refuse to believe that other teams aren't giving their players little bonus on the side for putting big hits on players. We just got caught, which yes we have to hold our hands up too.

Phew 2-4 now, touchdown for the bucs was overruled at the end. Bronco's in two weeks, if we play like we have the last 2 games I reckon we'll do them.
Other teams don't do it because it's illegal.

IF other teams did then they would be caught as well.

Vilma shouldn't be allowed to play but for some odd reason he can.

The Saints got caught being the cheats and thugs the rest of the league knew they already were and now they have to face the consequences. Anybody found guilty of the bountys shouldn't be suspended but banned from the game, it's disgusting.

And don't underestimate the influence Brees has when calling a play, even with Payton on the sidelines. The replacement officials got calls wrong, but what they did was show the blatant bias that exists with the original officials, again something that the Saints had to face the consequences of.<br /><br />-- Oct 21st, '12, 21:35 --<br /><br />
jay_mcfc said:
Another frustrating night of gambling, seems to always come down to the final play. It's weird that Bucs ruled out TD didn't get reviewed as he was clearly pushed out of the end zone then came back in? Cost me money!
Weird? You do realize that the Saints were the opponents?

jay_mcfc said:

Freeman was out of the pocket when Williams was pushed out of bounds which is why that was ruled legal, and couldn't take the first touch from Freemans throw, commentators went threw it at the end and said good call from the refs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.