NFL Football

I'm not so sure anyone back in his Michigan days would have predicted Brady's career path of NFL success & that was probably demonstrated in being a 6th round draft pick.

Just shows what a lottery the NFL draft system can be.

I might have mentioned this before but anyone watched the QB1 series on Netflix?

Brilliant series where they follow 3 of the top rated high school QB's through their senior year. There has been 3 seasons so far and they all go to collage teams as you'd expect, the best in each series are not the best in their collage careers now. Justin Fields doesn't stand out massively in the show but is the best of them, currently QB for 1st rank Ohio State - a big career ahead of him. Then there is Jake Fromm at Georgia, currently ranked 12th QB in the league. Plays like a veteran, a distinctive cool passing game. Tate Martel was the better QB in series 1 (better than Fromm) but he has not made the grade and is now at Miami where he doesn't get much action, his first season was a red shirt at Ohio State who went on to recruit Fields (see above) prompting Martel to move on.

Both Fields and Fromm look like NFL players to me but very contrasting styles. It will be fascinating to see how they get on through a few more years of collage and then the draft.

I might have mentioned this before but anyone watched the QB1 series on Netflix?

Brilliant series where they follow 3 of the top rated high school QB's through their senior year. There has been 3 seasons so far and they all go to collage teams as you'd expect, the best in each series are not the best in their collage careers now. Justin Fields doesn't stand out massively in the show but is the best of them, currently QB for 1st rank Ohio State - a big career ahead of him. Then there is Jake Fromm at Georgia, currently ranked 12th QB in the league. Plays like a veteran, a distinctive cool passing game. Tate Martel was the better QB in series 1 (better than Fromm) but he has not made the grade and is now at Miami where he doesn't get much action, his first season was a red shirt at Ohio State who went on to recruit Fields (see above) prompting Martel to move on.

Both Fields and Fromm look like NFL players to me but very contrasting styles. It will be fascinating to see how they get on through a few more years of collage and then the draft.

I've only watched a couple episodes of QB1 & agree its quite fascinating to get an insight into their path to a professional career.

Also watched the Michigan All or Nothing series which was fun to view with Harbaugh's antics.

I do think a lot of weight is put on the team and structure you get drafted to and if you basically fit into the team, rather than pure natural talent to decide how successful you become in the NFL.

Not to turn this thread into a college football section but I personally don't rate Jake Fromm that highly as a potential NFL QB. His throws at times are too inconsistent but I agree has potential & traits of a calm headed veteran.

Justin Fields is harder to evaluate due to being part of the Ohio State juggernaut & not really being tested week in week out. Maybe we get see more of him being under pressure in the Bowl games.

So far this year, Tua Tagovailoa & Joe Burrow have impressed me with the former normally throwing with precise accuracy & the latter coming out of nowhere & showing poise & real intangible leadership qualities.

EJY-q4iXsAA6ihB.jpg

You cant do that! lol.

If he was a dipper the ref and VAR wouldn't have seen it.

Unlucky lad.

Cleveland looked fired up by all the media negativity, much of it centred on non-football stuff and circus accusations. Earn a statement victory and just as everyone is about to say hats off, the expression takes on a whole new meaning. Roll up roll up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.