N'Golo Kante

Fernandinho at right back? Not sure about that. Granted Pep often adapts players but as far as I recall he hasn't played their before. Would be a gamble.

He played at centre back for a game and have seen pep transform players to new positions before.

It's all about Peps specific instructions for individual players. I think Fernandinho could be amazing at RB/RWB

Someone kindly suggested I look into something and having now spoken to a few who might know...

It appears we have a new right-back right sided player.

£30m and will fit like a glove with no bedding in time;)

I've seen that mooted on here a couple of times, and it's not implausible (also seen Delph suggested as a possibility on the left side). Would leave us needing at least 2 new CMs though.

I think this a risky strategy given there is little pre-season due to international tournaments. Can't be dropping points whilst experimenting. Champs league qualifier also. The left back Rodriguez, like Kante, is a no brainer, surely?

I've seen that mooted on here a couple of times, and it's not implausible (also seen Delph suggested as a possibility on the left side). Would leave us needing at least 2 new CMs though.
If What some including my son say is right it would be a back 4 of Fernandinho, Kompany, Laporte, an.other, Then a midfield of Stones behind Gundogon and DeBruyne / Silva, That would still leave Delph Fernando and Nasri plus any younger players for central midfield, and Fernandiho could still move back when needed if Sagna or Zabaleta stay.
We seemed to drop out of looking for a C.M at the same time Barca became convinced Stones was coming to us.

not necessarily, no reason they can't move back into CM if we're a little short and Sagna/Clichy/Denayer/Angelino or whoever come in and fill full-back roles, it will all be about flexibility next season.

Stones has played a lot of RB as well.

We have loads of potential RB cover, it's the left I'm more interested in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.