NHS Strike

cyberblue

Health workers went on strike yesterday but it was not reported much by the media

de niro said:
Wasn't it for 20 mins or something. Wow, damaging. Lol.

A bit longer......

However,i would imagine minimal disruption,while still making a stand,was foremost in their thinking.

These people do not want to take such drastic action but due to circumstance they have been left no choice,i believe a work to rule is now in operation for some.

Radio 5 Live gave it some decent coverage in the morning. Odd that some people take the piss when , for example, a middle-aged midwife strikes for the first time in her life.

Mike N said:
Radio 5 Live gave it some decent coverage in the morning. Odd that some people take the piss when , for example, a middle-aged midwife strikes for the first time in her life.

was it a strike? my lot take longer to brew up.

We went on strike for 4 hours from 7-11, the unions offered us the opportunity as ambulance staff to either respond to no calls or just to the most urgent life saving ones (known as red 1 and red 2 calls) everybody I know decided that we would respond to these as no one needed to die for us to get our point accross. The managers who control dispatch then just re-coded all the shit jobs we usually get as red 1/2 calls and we worked straight through, going to such emergencies as 3 year history of not taking medication correctly for chronic arthritis. The management used the fact that we have pride and professionalism in what we do and threw the strike action back in our face. We are leaving in droves and I now believe the good will we show towards our jobs is waining. There will be strike action again and maybe this time people won't be so lucky and we won't attend anything.

I agree with the principle of withholding labour. An independent pay review suggested a 1% increase across the board, and it was rejected by government.
An independent pay review suggested a 10% plus increase for government, and strangely that was accepted (although a few have declined it). Strange that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.