Niall Quinn - Goal and Penalty Save 1991

Unbelievable achievement to both score and save a pen in the same game at such an elite level ... it's not given its due credit and if it happened today, Sky would embellish it to a much wider audience ... I remember travelling up to Sunderland v Spurs game the day after I attended the last Maine Road derby ... Quinn was introduced to the Sunderland crowd at half time after officially retiring and I was gobsmacked at the 'love' he was shown through the warmth of the long standing ovation ... I naturally led the ovation as he was a former City player and I shared this with every Sunderland supporter within hearing distance ... he raised something like £1 million for various charities and handed the cheque over at half time ... he was a 3 club man at Arsenal, City & Sunderland and I, like many City fans, don't 'warm' to him due primarily to his punditry when on mature reflection is tad harsh ... he comes across as a really decent human being and was a great pro for City helping us finishing 5th TWICE in the early 90's under Peter Reid ... great memory by a great player ...
People underestimate how good we were in tge Kendal Reid era... tge Cat in goal..genuinrely good wingers and Quinny..always syayed fit and hungry.. top man for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.