Niall Quinn - Goal and Penalty Save 1991

It was near the end of the game as well, inside the last few minutes which made it even sweeter.
My 1st ever memory of a city game was us scoring in the first 10 minutes against Livarpool but it was disallowed. I was really scared when we scored because I was a small boy and the Kippax was a proper scrum and packed. I didn't even know it had been disallowed. Anyway David Fairclough the ginger striker came on with about 10 minutes left and scored their winner for them so its good getting evens from your memory of that game.

I actually watched the highlights of that game last night on YouTube along with the 2-1 win when Reidy got the winner.
2 brilliant away performances, was there for both.
The Tues night win at Villa Park was just about the end for Dr Joseph Venglos who was sacked soon after iirc
The Sunday match at Villa Park was even more special as Villa were top of the league, going for the title ,we were near bottom. Right from kick off you could sense City were up for it, even when we went a goal down...we were up for it ,backed by a vociferous away crowd, we smelt blood . Will never forget the celebrations on the away terrace ,and Peter Reid got the winner right in front of us !.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.