Niall Quinn - Goal and Penalty Save 1991

Remember TC throwing his gloves at the ref before he went off.
That got a right big cheer. I took the lead singer from the Irish band toss the feathers to that game as I was the drummer and he hadn't ever seen a live game him being from Ireland. He absolutely loved it when Niall Quinn saved the penalty.

I remember the save and Quinn scoring but don’t remember the final result did we win that game ?
It was 2-1 to City iirc. Saunders also went down for the penalty. Later himself and Mark Wright the centre half both signed for Livarpool.

Edit...soz I hadn't read the thread.

Last edited:
Won 2-1.

The result relegated Derby, we also relegated Sunderland in the next home game.

Saunders who missed the penalty, signed for Liverpool along with Mark Wright in pre season. We played Liverpool at home the first home game of the season won 2-1 again with Saunders missing another penalty at the Platt Lane end.
Oh I didn't know all that. Brilliant.

Yes, it was freezing cold at that match and from memory the only entertainment was the penalty miss and the snowball hitting Kernaghan. Them were t'days. ;-)
Not condoning it obviously but the guy called it, threw it, and hit the target with aplomb. Poor Alan :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.