Niall Quinn - Goal and Penalty Save 1991

We had a few outfield players going in nets in the 70's to 90's until keepers were allowed onto the bench

Mike Doyle (twice)
Bobby MacDonald
Tommy Booth
Steve Redmond
Nigel Gleghorn (twice)
Niall Quinn

The last outfield player to do so was Kyle Walker away at Atalanta - after Ederson went off injured at half time and then replacement Claudio Bravo was sent off.
You missed Matt Gray substituting for broken finger victim Harry Dowd in 1963.

Dowd returned with his arm in a sling and scored the equalising goal.

Won 2-1.

The result relegated Derby, we also relegated Sunderland in the next home game.

Saunders who missed the penalty, signed for Liverpool along with Mark Wright in pre season. We played Liverpool at home the first home game of the season won 2-1 again with Saunders missing another penalty at the Platt Lane end.
Loved both of those games as a kid on the Kippax. When I see the White goals v Scousers they still give me goosebumps.

Pretty sure we relegated 2 teams at home at the end of that 91/92 season as well; Notts County and West Ham.

Loved both of those games as a kid on the Kippax. When I see the White goals v Scousers they still give me goosebumps.

Pretty sure we relegated 2 teams at home the next season as well; Notts County and West Ham.
They even debated the White 2nd goal, was it over the line or not on Granada reports the following night.

Miles over the line from my vantage point, about half way up the Kippax

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.